1. In case you missed my post for Grandparents’ Day, you should definitely check it out.
2. Fellow blogger and knitting extraordinaire, Jennifer, sent Kamden two adorable hats she made from scratch. I’m trying to get photos she can use on her website, but Kamden is not cooperating. He’s not a fan of photo sessions seconds before a feeding and nap!
3. Thank you, sweet and precious Baby Jesus, football season is upon us. Any weekend is a great weekend when football is on the tee-vee!
4. What wasn’t so great about last weekend was Kamden’s sudden change in routine and nighttime sleep pattern. Friday and Sunday, he was his normal self – even going to bed at the same time – only to get up an hour later, around 10:45pm, wide awake and ready to play. He was not soothed by a pacifier or Mommy’s coos, he wanted to be up and about. So, Husband and I were up and about, playing, tearing paper, building block towers, reading books, singing silly songs, and entertaining an 8.5 month old after midnight. At 12:30am, three hours after his bedtime bottle, he ate again and immediately went to sleep. There are 12 common symptoms of teething, Kamden has six of them: excessive drool, coughing, biting and chewing, irritability, refusal or disruptive feedings, and wakefulness.
5. In desperation, I bought the Young Living essential oil starter kit. Lavender and lemon oils are known to help with teething and insomnia. A lack of sleep is difficult, but I’m worried sick these extra nighttime feedings will become a habit we’ll have to break later. Goodness, I hope these essential oils work!
6. I’m on a mission to subdue the chaos that is our home and create (and follow) a cleaning routine. I accomplished Sunday’s tasks and ready to tackle today’s project: the kitchen.
7. During one of Kamden’s insomniac moments, see #4, he pulled himself up and stood inside his crib only to smack his perfect, porcelain-like chubby cheek against the side rail before I could catch him. Now, he’s got a bruise and black eye. MOM. FAIL.