Welcome to my second consecutive bucket list, or resolutions, posting. Lisa, from Baby, You Can’t Drive My Car, inspired me to create this list. She’s had one for nine years. Lisa is cool like that.
So this is how my (bucket) list of resolutions works: I post my list — things I’d like to accomplish, things I’ve been putting off, things I’d like to acquire or do, and things I’ve done before and want to continue ~ and then I provide a monthly update to track my progress. I’m also including a monthly resolution in the mix ….. I’m adding spice to my life.
The Mayans said we’re all going to die in 2012, right? Well, if that’s indeed true, then I’m making 2012 my bitch. Oh Yeah!
Join the fun and post your resolutions by adding a link to the bottom of the page.
In 2012, I will …….
- have 500 or more email subscribers to Three 31
- drink more water
- continue book club
- eat vegetarian (no meat) one day a week
- read at least 30 books + 12 with book club
- purchase an e-reader
- participate in 52 Letters, 52 Weeks
- purchase really nice stationery set and writing pens
- make 10 new friends
- do laundry more often (instead of letting it stack up and doing multiple loads)
- feel comfortable pulling a trailor
- go to a drive-in movie
- purchase an external hard-drive and organize our digital photos
- participate in photography classes
- learn to edit photos in Adobe Photoshop
- take a photo worthy of hanging on a wall
- purchase a tripod, lens filters, and a 50mm lens
- take pictures for someone
- mission trip to Haiti
- mission trip to Appalachia Region in Kentucky
- do/create something inspired by Pinterest every month
- see a performance at Bass Hall in Fort Worth
- write at least one freelance article
- be published somewhere (other than my blog)
- get new eyeglass frames
- host a Game Night
- celebrate our 5th anniversary by doing something ( anything! )
- sell something at auction
- buy something at auction
- attend a professional athletic event
- improve my calligraphy skills
- support the United States Postal Service by mailing more cards (see 52 Letters, 52 Weeks)
- go hunting
- go fishing
- swim in an ocean
- host at least three (3) sponsored giveaways
- get a new couch
- finish the headboard for guest bedroom (use an old window frame, then sand, paint, and attach to wall)
- host at least three (3) dinner parties
- co-chair Lord’s Acre (a fundraiser at church)
- plan a DIY craft party at church (create items for Lord’s Acre)
- tithe more
- save more
- eat a raw oyster (and not die)
- eat a Rocky Mountain Oyster (and not die)
- volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
- babysit for a friend
- make a new resolution every month (see below)
January — no soft drinks
Do you have any resolutions this year? Share your blog post or add a comment below.
If the Mayans were right, make 2012 the best yet and join the fun!!!!!