Mind + Body Transformation: Week 2

Weekly Update

I hate the scale. I hate the number of the scale. Even worse, I hate how my weight fluctuates day to day. I did this when I was pregnant and I did it when I was nursing and pumping exclusively for 14 months. Those two major “body-altering” events are understandable, but I’m still confused by the roller coaster that is my weight. Rant over.

Weight on July 10, 2015 // 264

Last week’s wins:

• I went to the gym three days last week for a total of 180 minutes: Monday (Zumba), Tuesday (indoor cycling), and Friday (interval circuit on elliptical).

Last week’s struggles:

• The holiday weekend offered wonderful time with family and friends, but I lost all self-control and ate way too much.
  • I made Husband a peanut butter pie … and ate two pieces in one day.
  • I didn’t go to the gym Wednesday or Thursday because I was lazy.
  • I’m dragging and exhausted. I didn’t sleep well and one night I didn’t go to bed at all.

Pounds Lost:

• I don’t even know. My weight has fluctuated drastically this week … Monday – 260; Tuesday – 258; and Friday – 264.

Goals for the week ahead:

• Exercise five consecutive days, either at the gym or walking at the city park, and clock a minimum of 300 minutes (an hour a day).
  • Increase water consumption
  • Check Amazon’s special “Prime Sale” later this week for a FitBit, Garmin, or Polar monitor watch. The fitness tracker I have through our insurance needs a new battery (it lasted less than six weeks) and only calculates the number of steps I walk. I’d really like something more in depth that will calculate minutes I exercise and when my heart rate is in calorie-burning mode. I’d also like to be able to sync it with friends as an additional link of support and accountability.
  • Make myself go to bed by 11:30 every night.
By |2015-07-11T07:00:24+00:00July 11th, 2015|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste July 11, 2015 at 8:16 am - Reply

Why on earth did you not go to bed AT ALL? Sleep is one of the key components to good health! Talk to me about tequila. Seriously.

2. Josh S July 11, 2015 at 8:46 am - Reply

11:30! I’ve already slept 3 hours by then! I’m old!

3. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin July 11, 2015 at 12:24 pm - Reply

you seem to be focusing way too much!… never works… baby steps Dear… if it’s water intake… concentrate only on that a week… then add something new the next week… along with the water… like one sweet a day… then 3rd week …add one more thing… keeping the other two going… by now the first two will probably have become a habit…Quit stressing yourself out…will only bring on defeat!

4. Caroline @ In Due Time July 12, 2015 at 9:05 pm - Reply

Whew you go to bed late 😉 Ha, I like to be in bed by 9:30!!!!

I saw you lived near Ft. Worth! We are in Dallas 🙂 Small world!!!

Hope this week is great!

• Nicole July 12, 2015 at 9:53 pm - Reply

Oh my goodness, it is a small world. Are you involved with Texas Women Bloggers or Fort Worth Bloggers? I’ve hosted (coordinated) a couple of social gatherings in the past that have been SUPER DUPER fun and I miss seeing everybody. It’s definitely past time for a get-together and YOU should definitely come. Regardless, we should meet sometime.

For the record: it’s 9:51pm and I feel like my day is just getting started. Ha! But our current “been working perfectly for 18 months” schedule is changing soon because Kamden started pre-school (two days a week) next month. He has to be at school before 9am and that’s usually when he gets up in the mornings. Aghhhh, this is going to be a big adjustment for us both. We all love our sleep around here too!!!!

Blessings to new friend! xo Nicole

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Three 31 wrote: