I hate the scale. I hate the number of the scale. Even worse, I hate how my weight fluctuates day to day. I did this when I was pregnant and I did it when I was nursing and pumping exclusively for 14 months. Those two major “body-altering” events are understandable, but I’m still confused by the roller coaster that is my weight. Rant over.
Weight on July 10, 2015 // 264
Last week’s wins:
- I went to the gym three days last week for a total of 180 minutes: Monday (Zumba), Tuesday (indoor cycling), and Friday (interval circuit on elliptical).
Last week’s struggles:
- The holiday weekend offered wonderful time with family and friends, but I lost all self-control and ate way too much.
- I made Husband a peanut butter pie … and ate two pieces in one day.
- I didn’t go to the gym Wednesday or Thursday because I was lazy.
- I’m dragging and exhausted. I didn’t sleep well and one night I didn’t go to bed at all.
- I don’t even know. My weight has fluctuated drastically this week … Monday – 260; Tuesday – 258; and Friday – 264.
Goals for the week ahead:
- Exercise five consecutive days, either at the gym or walking at the city park, and clock a minimum of 300 minutes (an hour a day).
- Increase water consumption
- Check Amazon’s special “Prime Sale” later this week for a FitBit, Garmin, or Polar monitor watch. The fitness tracker I have through our insurance needs a new battery (it lasted less than six weeks) and only calculates the number of steps I walk. I’d really like something more in depth that will calculate minutes I exercise and when my heart rate is in calorie-burning mode. I’d also like to be able to sync it with friends as an additional link of support and accountability.
- Make myself go to bed by 11:30 every night.