Monday Musings

Every Monday, I publish whatever is on my mind -consider it a smorgasbord of thoughts and randomness- as a way to clear my head and prepare for the next week ahead. By doing so, I hope to calm the chaos and organize the scattered. Cheers to 2015 and blessings to you!

monday musings

Welcome back to the land of blog posts on Mondays, I’m sorry I’ve been absent for a couple weeks. But I’ve been busy so I’ll try to catch you up …

My mom (Kamden’s Nana C) came to Texas for a brief visit. We went to the aquarium in Grapevine, walked around the Gaylord Texan Resort, and spent one morning in downtown Fort Worth at Sundance Square.

Kamden is officially the coolest kid on the block planet because he weaned himself from bottles and our bedtime routine is quicker and easier than ever. The kid is amazing and I thank God for letting me be his momma.

For our eighth anniversary, Husband put the toilet seat down for me and it was pure bliss. We also went to the gun range.

On our way home from Salado visiting friends and attending church, Kamden and I went to the children’s hospital in Temple to drop off sweet treats to our friends Stephanie and Miss Addie, who’s been in the NICU/PICU since she was born eight months ago. She’s doing better and hopefully will get to go home soon. Keep the #pinkninja in your prayers, please!

nicolestephwolfe

If you are an introvert, or friends with an introvert, you need to read this. You’re welcome!

My heart is still broken for the University of Kentucky men’s basketball team and their loss to Wisconsin in the NCAA Final Four. And Duke winning was like pouring salt into an open wound. Blahhh.

While enjoying the Main Street Arts Festival in Fort Worth, I discovered the culinary treasure that is The Cheesecake Factory. I knew they had a menu full of desserts, but I had no idea their menu was THAT long and extensive. Geez Louise! A person would need to eat there 300 times in order to try everything, and that’s not counting all the cheesecake varieties.

The weather has been cooperating so I’ve gotten to take some pictures. I am in love with this mother/daughter session! Next week, we’re going to Ennis for the Bluebonnet Festival and I’m taking my camera. If you’re local and interested in a photo session, please contact me. I’ve got weekday and weekend appointments available.

I’ve been severely lacking on my personal devotion and Bible reading time as of late, so, to remedy this, I’m locking myself in my Jesus-cave while Kamden naps today. I need some solace while getting back on track.

By |2015-04-13T13:52:38+00:00April 13th, 2015|Uncategorized|0 Comments

1. Jan Elmore April 13, 2015 at 2:00 pm - Reply

Introverts are awesome! 🙂

• Nicole April 13, 2015 at 7:42 pm - Reply

You’re one of my favorite introverts! 🙂

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Three 31 wrote:

• Jan Elmore April 14, 2015 at 2:24 pm - Reply

*blushing* 🙂

2. Celeste Zachry April 13, 2015 at 7:01 pm - Reply

1. I’m so excited about bluebonnets. 2. The girls had a blast at Main Street and are blessed to have you. 3. I’m also needing Jesus-cave time 🙁

• Nicole April 13, 2015 at 7:42 pm - Reply

I’m pretty impressed with today’s results in the Jesus cave. I did a week’s worth of reading (year-long reading plan) in one hour. I haven’t opened my journaling Bible since our workshop a couple weeks ago. I need to get back on track … quickly.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Three 31 wrote:

3. Jacquelyn April 13, 2015 at 11:30 pm - Reply

Holy crap….I know this sounds crazy…but reading your introvert link…other people have called me an extrovert, probably because of my previous career path…but I’m 500% introvert! Ah-ha moment…..thank you for making me realize I’m not as ‘off-base’ as I fell at times!

• Nicole April 14, 2015 at 3:06 am - Reply

I’m glad you enjoyed that article. After reading it, I can definitely relate to some of it. Due to my only child status, I need quiet and alone time but, coming from a wild and loud family, I have a need to socialize and connect with people too. It’s a fine balance but I completely agree, the article is fantastic. I’ve talked to other introverts (and some extroverts too) who thought it was SPOT ON too. I’m glad I found it and shared it. 🙂

HUGSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:30 PM, Three 31 wrote:

4. Julie April 16, 2015 at 10:34 am - Reply

The introvert article was sooooo spot on! And yes, that UK loss was BRUTAL…..they definitely didn’t play up to their potential, but don’t even get me started on the sketchy ref calls…honestly on both sides, but especially the game killing calls against UK in the last couple of minutes.

• Nicole April 16, 2015 at 2:01 pm - Reply

Like salt in a wound … WAHHHHHHH. You are, no kidding, the sixth person to comment on that introvert article. I’m so glad I shared it!!!

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Three 31 wrote: