Finish This #65

FINISHTHIS2015

Everything I’m thinking about right now …

I feel like this link-up is slowly (quickly?) dying and most of the problem is me. It’s 4:35am, I just changed Kamden’s diaper and gave him a quick drink, and now I’m on the couch watching the monitor to make sure he goes back to sleep and typing this post. I haven’t blogged since last week’s link-up and, even then, I felt it was rushed and last-minute. Does anybody care about these anymore?

Mom has been in town since Saturday and we’ve had a wonderful visit. Kamden and I are dropping her off at the airport later today, we already miss her! The weather’s been great so we could be outside and we’ve certainly taken advantage. We went to Grapevine last Monday and walked through the Gaylord Texas Hotel and had lunch along the river walk. Kamden loved watching the fish (and people), he also discovered a large toy train display and enjoyed impromptu dance parties when he’d hear music playing throughout the facility. The kid loves to dance and I’m anxious to see where this infatuation with music leads. After lunch, we headed to the aquarium inside Grapevine Mills Mall. I’ll share those pictures in a later post, hopefully! Yesterday (Tuesday), we headed downtown to Sundance Square. The new pavilion and dancing fountains in the square on Main Street is fantastic and the perfect spot for Kamden to walk around and explore, especially when the weather is so perfect. Again, he could hear music being piped through speakers in the landscaping and overhead and would shake and boogie in his adorable way in the middle of downtown Fort Worth. That boy steals my heart all day every day! We ate lunch at Piranha Sushi and Kamden ate shrimp fried rice for the first time. He ate until I thought his little belly might explode.

Speaking of music, I’m in love with Ellie Goulding and her smash hit, “Love Me Like You Do.” While I absolutely hated the Fifty Shades of Gray movie, the soundtrack is surprisingly good. In fact, it’s really good. But, how can you go wrong with a mix of Frank Sinatra and Beyoncé with new, fresh, and young talent like Ellie Goulding. My car’s radio is tuned to country 99% of the time and I keep up with the latest dance and pop music thanks to my amazing fitness trainer and cycling coach and music fanatic, Crissy. Lately, I’ve heard “Love Me Like You Do” playing on several different genre stations. The song is definitely a smash hit on radio, ITunes, and has been viewed on YouTube more than 220 million times. Do they even make CDs anymore? If so, I’d like this soundtrack for my car. Kamden and I love listening to music while we’re out and about and I will not deny replicating my riding motion on the bike when a familiar song plays on the radio. Yes, I’m the girl dancing and jamming in her car that everyone stares at. #dontcare

At church tonight, I’m looking forward to participating in a traditional (and Kosher) Seder Passover meal. I was invited to a friend’s house to celebrate the Jewish Passover with her family, but it was years ago and I’ve forgotten many aspects of the meal, which is a worship service too. To my knowledge, this will be the first time most people at First United Methodist Church in Joshua, Texas experience a Seder Service.

Yesterday, March 31, Husband and I celebrated eight years of matrimony. Besides lunch at Chick-Fil-A on Friday and dinner at Spring Creek BBQ Sunday evening, he gave me the best gift of all yesterday morning: Husband put the toilet seat down. Y’all, I’m not kidding. He only does it on our anniversary and it gets my attention – EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. The guy’s a mess but I love him so much!

Bloggers, please add your post to the link up through the link below. 🙂

Prompt for Week #66
Things I miss about being a young child ..

By |2015-04-01T05:32:43+00:00April 1st, 2015|Finish This|10 Comments

10 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry April 1, 2015 at 5:51 am - Reply

It sounds like Nanna C had the most wonderful Kamden-fix on her trip. It was such a blessing to get a taste of her.

I’m so looking forward to dinner tonight. The ceremony of it should prove beautiful.

• Nicole April 1, 2015 at 5:57 am - Reply

I’m seriously checking Nana C’s luggage TWICE to make sure Mini Man is not hidden inside, you’ve got to watch her! We’ve had a great visit and she SO enjoyed church last Sunday. I’m looking forward to tonight’s dinner and worship service too. I’ve already begun “studying” a bit to refresh my memory from years ago attending my first Passover meal. It’s truly an experience, you’ll enjoy it!

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Three 31 wrote:

2. Julie April 1, 2015 at 7:57 am - Reply

So glad that you had a great visit with your mom. I always count my blessing that all of Zach’s grandparents are very close by and have been since the day he was born. That song…..cannot get enough of it. At least the movie had one thing going for it! You and I have to hit up Piranha sometime….it is my absolute favorite….love me some Latino roll! Hugs to you….have a great day!

• Nicole April 1, 2015 at 10:57 am - Reply

I think I had the Latino roll yesterday …… white fish and shrimp tempura? Let’s do it!!!!!

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 7:57 AM, Three 31 wrote:

3. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin April 1, 2015 at 8:23 am - Reply

I so enjoy doing your “finish this”…and get great responses…Have a wonderful Easter!…God Bless!

• Nicole April 1, 2015 at 10:58 am - Reply

Thanks, sweet lady – happy Easter to you too!

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:23 AM, Three 31 wrote:

4. Teresa April 1, 2015 at 7:50 pm - Reply

I always enjoy reading your blog Nicole !

• Nicole April 1, 2015 at 8:27 pm - Reply

Thank you, lovely lady!!!

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 7:50 PM, Three 31 wrote:

5. Rebekah April 1, 2015 at 10:55 pm - Reply

I love your finish this link up! I’m being a major blog flake in general right now. We’re busy during the day and when I get time in the evenings to write I’m honestly just too tired to mess with it. I love my baby but goodness motherhood (and pregnancy) sure suck the life outta you!

• Nicole April 2, 2015 at 9:07 am - Reply

awww Rebekah, thank you, sweet friend, and I hope you’re enjoying that pregnancy. Motherhood is tough, no doubt, but I can’t imagine having more than one. All you moms of multiples are heroes in my book! Though, I do miss being pregnant (yes, I’m crazy) and I miss breastfeeding and pumping too. But I had such an amazing experience with it all (pregnancy, labor and delivery, breastfeeding, pumping, etc.) that I wouldn’t want to JINX myself either. Husband and I are convinced that IF we had another one (which we won’t because my tubes were tied when Kamden was three months old!!) we’d have a hell-raisin’, high maintenance, girly girl. Ughhhh, the thought just kills me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 10:55 PM, Three 31 wrote: