Monday Musings

Every Monday, I publish whatever is on my mind -consider it a smorgasbord of thoughts and randomness- as a way to clear my head and prepare for the next week ahead. By doing so, I hope to calm the chaos and organize the scattered. Cheers to 2015 and blessings to you!

monday musings Soooooo, our weekend (specifically Saturday) sucked because of a water leak beneath our house. Fortunately, the plumbers were able to locate the broken pipe but that doesn’t mean my house (isolated in the utility room and garage) isn’t less of a mess. On the bright side: I was able to wash dishes in the sink with hot water, run the dishwasher, and do two loads of laundry after church yesterday. Washing dishes in the bathtub sucks, royally, but I’m glad the leak is fixed and we got a new water heater in the garage as well. Sweet Mary Mother of Jesus, owning a home and being an adult is hard. This is probably 55% the reason I never go on vacation, because of maintenance and repairs, and the other 45% is Husband’s aversion to travelling and leaving home. Ughhhhhh. So far, in the last four months, Husband says I’ve made out like a bandit in over-the-top *GIFTS*: property taxes, new mattress, and new water lines and water heater. Yeaaaa, just what I wanted. 🙂 I received my devotional pack from Illustrated Faith over the weekend and I may or may not have ordered an extra one to giveaway to someone special (i.e. a random person on the street or blog reader). This is pretty spectacular considering the gift sets sold out within minutes of release and are currently unavailable for purchase. High five for fast purchasing fingers! The University of Kentucky men’s basketball team won the SEC Championship yesterday (beating the Arkansas Razorbacks) and are now 34-0 heading into the NCAA tournament. Let March Madness begin! In case you need the best and *ultimate* recipe for chocolate chip cookies … you’re welcome. 🙂 An interesting perspective on studying the Bible – regard it as a savings account with small deposits on a regular basis rather than a debit card where you put in and take what you need in the moment. Great article! So, how was your weekend? Any plans this week?

By |2015-03-16T06:40:50+00:00March 16th, 2015|Uncategorized|4 Comments

About the Author:

4 Comments

  1. Julie March 16, 2015 at 9:10 am - Reply

    Trying to catch back up on pretty much everything since returning to the real world yesterday, but hey……how about those WILDCATS!!!!! Let’s try to meet up for a watch party sometime during the tournament. And I have got to look into all the bible journaling links that you are providing…I am so behind!!!

    • Nicole March 16, 2015 at 9:14 am - Reply

      That would be hysterically fun stuff, let’s make it happen!!!!!! Welcome home, you lucky duck. Love you bunches!!!!!!

      On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Three 31 wrote:

      >

  2. Celeste Zachry March 16, 2015 at 12:45 pm - Reply

    I’m soooo happy your boys won. Naturally, I wasn’t watching but I was thinking about you. I was busy baking in my new oven. Impressive – both their record and my new oven.

    I am so glad the leak has been fixed and a new hot water heater. Didn’t you JUST get a new one not long ago? Or Husband fixed it or something or another? First Monday back after Spring Break…let’s just say, it’s 12:45 and I’m having a coffee.

    And, thanks but no thanks for the recipe. I gained 3 lbs last week. Besides, I have a friend who makes them for me. 🙂

    LOVE!

    • Nicole March 16, 2015 at 1:54 pm - Reply

      I’m coming over to “play” with your new toy …. convection ovens are my weakness. Consider this fair warming.

      Yes, Wise Friend, you are correct. Husband installed a new water heater in our master bathroom a while back. We also have a hot water heater in the garage that services the utility (laundry) room, kitchen, and front bathroom. Unfortunately, I’m giving it another day or so before calling Plumber Phil and having him come back out. The water just doesn’t seem hot enough and Husband has cranked up the temperature to 135 degrees. There’s no way the water is that hot. I’m just not buying it. Ughhhhhhhh.

      You should step back on that scale, because I think you LOST at least three pounds in stress and worry. That’s a big “weight” lifted off your shoulders, my dear. 🙂

      On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Three 31 wrote:

      >

Leave A Comment