Finish This #60

FINISHTHIS2015

Something that has impressed me this week…

The City of Little Rock, Arkansas. Kamden and I flew to LRA (via Southwest – they are the best for cheap fares, convenient flight times, customer service, and kind employees) last Thursday and met my mom, two aunts, and a cousin from Kentucky for a long-weekend visit. One of my aunts attended a conference at the Marriot Downtown (where we stayed), but we managed to spend the majority of our time together touring and eating our way through Arkansas’s capital city. I’ve driven through Little Rock countless times, via I-440 from Texas to Kentucky, and stayed overnight once, but this was my first time to be downtown and in surrounding neighborhoods for several days. Even though the weather sucked, it was bitterly cold most of the time, we enjoyed our time together. If you’re in the downtown area, hop on the electric rail cars instead of driving and parking. The Bill Clinton Presidential Library was really neat, but it did not exceed my expectations set by George W’s museum in Dallas. I wanted to visit Heifer International’s corporate office but we just didn’t have time. I was also disappointed that Bourbon & Boots is closed on the weekend. No worries, I’m already planning our next trip to Little Rock in July!

SITES TO SEE River Market // River Rail Electric Street Cars // Clinton Presidential Center // Heifer International // Bourbon & Boots

GREAT EATSCajun’s Wharf // Boulevard Bread Company // Flying Fish // Local Lime // Heritage Grille Steak & Fin

My favorite meal of the weekend was our lunch at the Local Lime, located at The Promenade at Chenal, a 15-minute drive east of downtown. The food was amazing and the award-winning margaritas did not disappoint! The tomatillo salsa was my favorite of the six signature varieties and the pork carnitas and drunken beans were delicious. This is one establishment that I wish was in the DFW area.

locallime.collageFrozen margarita // Six signature salsas
Queso Blanco // Guacamole // Pork carnitas

Someone who has impressed me this week…

Not to sound conceited, but I’m impressed with myself for finishing this post last night. Faithful Followers, please forgive my absence and lack of Monday Musings, I’ll try to make it up to you next week. Since coming home from Little Rock, I’ve been trying to get Kamden back on his regular schedule (specifically sleeping past 7am) while Husband’s been working from home the past two days due to inclement weather. I’m hoping enough snow falls today so I can get a picture of it with Kamden but then I’m done. I love winter. I love snow. I love cold weather. But I loathe the way people in DFW react to a little moisture on the roads. Hashtag rant over.

Bloggers, please add your post to the link up through the link below. 🙂

Prompt for Week #61
A random piece of advice…

By |2015-02-25T05:45:21+00:00February 25th, 2015|Finish This|0 Comments

1. Julie February 25, 2015 at 7:36 am - Reply

Amen to Texans and inclement weather driving…..it is ridiculous!!!!! And that food at Local Time…my mouth is watering and it looks like it might be worth a drive to LRA, just to get some of that goodness in my belly!!!!

• Nicole February 25, 2015 at 7:42 am - Reply

Amen, Amen, AMEN! I’m ready for Local Lime anytime, let’s go. 🙂

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Three 31 wrote:

2. Nina February 25, 2015 at 9:39 pm - Reply

Sounds like a great time in Little Rock!!

On another note…I AM SO OVER WINTER!

• Nicole February 26, 2015 at 7:37 am - Reply

I love the cold, better than the 5,000 degree summers we have, but folks in Texas are IDIOTS when “wintry mix” appears. Sweet Baby, Jesus, relax already! Or stay home. That’s the best advice I have for them. Geesh. 🙂

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Three 31 wrote:

3. Rebekah February 25, 2015 at 11:31 pm - Reply

Texas and cold weather just doesn’t really mix. Even up in the panhandle where they get “real” winter, people just don’t know how to handle it. OR if they do know how to drive in it, the county/state doesn’t own the correct equipment to deal with it. I get it, seems silly to own so much expensive equipment to use maybe 4 times a year. I was however going to loose it if I saw one more post on Facebook from parents who initially were so excited that their kids were home for the snow day to only turn around *one* day later and make idle threats if the schools wouldn’t open the next day. Dramatic much? Glad you had a good trip to LRA!

• Nicole February 26, 2015 at 7:35 am - Reply

Girl, you are speaking my love language and I know EXACTLY what you’re saying. Wintry weather just doesn’t belong in Texas, period. One of my best friends is a director at TXDOT in Fort Worth and I love annoying the hell out of him in regards to road maintenance, winter preparedness, construction progress, etc. In fact, last night I sent him a tongue-in-cheek message that said, “Now that the wintry mix is over, let the pothole-filling season begin!!!!” His response, “I’m so f-ing tired from being a work for four straight days, I have no smart a$$ response.” BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Snow days are the perfect opportunity for parents to appreciate their child’s teachers. That’s all I’m going to say about that!!!!!

LRA really was great, we had a wonderful trip and I’m looking forward to going back this summer. Hopefully we can find a hotel with a swimming pool because as nice as the Marriot and attached convention center are, there is no pool at the hotel and that’s going to be not-so-fun for Kamden this summer. Or Mommy! 🙂

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Three 31 wrote:

4. Molly February 27, 2015 at 7:41 pm - Reply

you can totally airmail me that food at anytime.. my mouth is watering just looking at it.. and the drink.. oo I could use one lol..

• Nicole February 28, 2015 at 5:00 am - Reply

I know what you mean, Molly, our meal at the Local Lime was sooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 7:41 PM, Three 31 wrote: