Finish This #53

FINISHTHIS2015

Welcome to 2015 and week 53 of Finish This; I’m glad you’re here! It never occurred to me this time last year that there would be such a positive response from bloggers to answer a few random questions or prompts in a blog post and title it Finish This. But, here we are, an entire year later. To kick off the new year, let’s jump on the resolutions bandwagon. Honestly, I’m a regular rider on the bandwagon because I like making resolutions and goals. Writing them down and publishing them on my blog also helps keep me motivated, focused, and accountable.

My goals/resolutions for 2015 are …

I have many (list of 2015 resolutions) but I’ll highlight a few of the big ones that I really want to accomplish or that will make me super-duper happy to cross off my to-do list.

First of all, this is the year I lose (at minimum) 20% of my body weight and exercise consistently, especially on days I don’t want to go or feel like I don’t have time. Whether or skinny or fat, you’ve still got the same amount of time in a day.

In 2015, I’m going to the eye doctor for a comprehensive exam and new glasses and contacts. I was supposed to do this last year but, unfortunately, I got lazy.

I want to find a skincare brand and routine that works for me. It’s past time to invest my skin’s health, maybe I should invest a little more financially into it as well. My skin is 31 years old. Yikes!

There are several things I want to do in regards to this blog, include continuing this weekly link up (though I will try to do better at posting earlier so the link-up widget is available sooner) and a blog series called Monday Musings, plus I want to improve my creative writing and photography too. Speaking of photography, though I don’t NEED it, I really WANT a new camera body. My friend and photographer mentor has me 99.99999% convinced to get a full-frame. In other words, that’s a BIG big girl camera and the panties that go with it. 🙂

Perhaps the biggest and most important personal goal of mine for 2015 is to read and study Scripture more often and more thoroughly. I am currently on day seven of a year-long Bible reading plan and it’s going great. I’m also doing The Story study with my small group at church.

Other small, but just as meaningful and important goals I have for 2015 include a family vacation this summer (with Husband and Kamden, maybe our parents too), visit places I’ve never been or seen before, enjoy meals with friends more often, and incorporate more acts of kindness and generosity into my daily life, such as a handwritten note, a birthday card, or leaving a bigger tip in a restaurant.

Cheers to 2015 – thanks (again!) for participating in this weekly link up and supporting my shenanigans. Bloggers, don’t forget to add your post to the link up through the link below. 🙂

Prompt for Week #54 is … Describe, in great detail, your high school prom experience(s).

By |2015-01-07T09:26:42+00:00January 7th, 2015|Finish This|0 Comments

1. Diana January 7, 2015 at 9:45 am - Reply

These are great! I too need to go for an eye exam and also said I was going to do that last year (and the year before that). Good luck on your goals! I’ll be rooting for ya!

• Nicole January 7, 2015 at 1:38 pm - Reply

Thanks Diana, I need all the encouragement and accountability I can get. Happy new year!!!

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Three 31 wrote:

2. Elizabeth January 7, 2015 at 10:02 am - Reply

I love how detailed your goals for the year are. Reading through yours I realized I didn’t set out any goals for my family (even though the budgeting/organizing benefits them too). I’m going to have to think about what I want for them in a year and tackle that. I love the new graphic!

• Nicole January 7, 2015 at 1:40 pm - Reply

Thanks Elizabeth! New year, new graphic. My friend and fellow blogger, Lisa, is the one who inspires me year after year to really think about my goals and resolutions. She’s been creating a similar list for ten years, so I can’t take all the credit. It’s a long list, but most of the tasks are within reach and definitely worth accomplishing. I look forward to reading yours as well. Let’s keep each other accountable. Happy new year!!!!

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Three 31 wrote:

3. beks21 January 9, 2015 at 10:25 am - Reply

Thanks for hosting Finish This for a whole year!!! It was really, really fun, and I’m excited to join in {to a lesser degree this time} in 2015!

• Nicole January 9, 2015 at 2:26 pm - Reply

Thank YOU for participating and I look forward to 2015, however you decide to join the fun!!!!

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Three 31 wrote:

4. Nina Beana January 10, 2015 at 9:08 pm - Reply

You have such detailed goals! I think it’s great because I have trouble setting goals and I like to make more generic ones so they are easier, ha! You’ve inspired me to think about more specific types of goals.

• Nicole January 10, 2015 at 9:57 pm - Reply

Thank you, sweet friend. I love making these goal lists and doing monthly updates to keep me focused and accountable, stay tuned as I’ve been working hard on my resolutions. Happy new year!!!!!

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Three 31 wrote:

5. vintage1973regina January 17, 2015 at 11:38 am - Reply

Glad you’re continuing this. I won’t be linking up but will be following along.

• Nicole January 17, 2015 at 5:10 pm - Reply

Thanks for the follow along. If you change your mind, you know you’re ALWAYS welcome to the fun!!!!! Big hugs. 🙂

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Three 31 wrote: