Kamden's Winter ONEderland 1st Birthday Party

Later this week, Friday to be exact, you will find me in the corner crying my eyes out because Kamden is one year old. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures from his Winter ONEderland party we hosted last weekend with our closest friends and family.

Photos from Sticky9 made into a number one collage and the magnets were hung on strings attached to a frame with mini clothespins. I sorta-kinda forgot to tell all of our party guests to take a picture or magnet as their party favor when they left our house — oops! No worries, I’ll put them inside the thank-you notes I’m mailing later this week.

BirthdayParty.WEB-1

I’m quite impressed with myself and how well the banner turned out, using chalkboard paper and markers. I found this set at Target and wrote the letters myself.

BirthdayBanner.small

As usual, I made enough food to feed a platoon but, rest assured, no one left our home hungry. We had rattlesnake bites (sausage and cream cheese in crescent rolls), BBQ meatballs, veggies with ranch, chicken strips from Chick-Fil-A, homemade salsa and spinach dip, and honey ham sandwiches.

BirthdayParty.WEB-14

BirthdayParty.WEB-15

I made several flavors of cake mix cookies to go along with the fresh fruit, mixed nuts, and cupcakes lovingly made and decorated by Simone, my friend, milk bank director, and one of Kamden’s biggest fans. Knowing the party theme was winter ONEderland, she even added sprinkles in the shape of snowflakes on top of each cupcake. Adorable!

BirthdayParty.WEB-8

BirthdayParty.WEB-9

BirthdayParty.WEB-12

BirthdayParty.WEB-13

BirthdayParty.WEB-7

My heart is still swelled with joy seeing our close friends and family in our home to celebrate Kamden’s first birthday. Husband’s parents and oldest brother drove from East Texas (about two hours) and my parents came from Kentucky (14+ hours) to attend this party, plus friends from church and The Little Gym. Husband and I have never had so many vehicles parked in our yard, they were double-stacked all the way to the back fence! In total, there were 28 adults and kids.

BirthdayParty.WEB-17

NanaCandKamden

BirthdayParty.WEB-31

BirthdayParty.WEB-30

BirthdayParty.WEB-18

BirthdayParty.WEB-20

BirthdayParty.WEB-26

BirthdayParty.WEB-27

BirthdayParty.WEB-32

During the party festivities, guests wrote little notes and special messages to Kamden in the book, Where the Wild Things Are. I plan to have a different book available for friends and family to sign next year, making this an annual birthday tradition.

BirthdayParty.WEB-23

Kamden’s friends from The Little Gym, Hallie and Jackson, enjoyed the party. It was great having other babies Kamden’s age around. Jackson even took a spin around the family room in Kamden’s walker (that he has outgrown, of course!) and Miss Hallie watched Kamden open all of his gifts. At one point, the three infant/toddlers got tired of all the adult noise and played together in the back bedroom amongst all of the toys, trucks, balls, and noisemakers.

BirthdayParty.WEB-28

BirthdayParty.WEB-29

BirthdayParty.WEB-49

No first birthday would be complete without a cake smash. For Kamden,  since he’s never had any sweets, we elected against an official smash cake and let him try one of the cupcakes. If he ate it, great. If not, less mess to clean. Surprisingly, Kamden stuck his finger in the icing, licked it, then had the most sour expression on his face. Just like his Daddy, he prefers the cake over the icing. Mommy, however, would rather have the icing than the cake! Nonetheless, he took several bites of the cake and seemed content. After a quick diaper and wardrobe change, it was back to the party and playing with new toys.

BirthdayParty.WEB-33

BirthdayParty.WEB-40

BirthdayParty.WEB-42

BirthdayParty.WEB-44

BirthdayParty.WEB-45

After tasting his first bite of cupcake and icing, Kamden opened presents. Well, Mommy opened presents and Kamden played with the wrapping paper and bows. He was content sitting in my lap until we opened the big box and a Caterpillar dump truck was inside. PawPaw and Mamaw Hutchison, and Uncle Sookie, did good!

BirthdayParty.WEB-19

BirthdayParty.WEB-46

BirthdayParty.WEB-50

BirthdayParty.WEB-51

Another big thanks to everyone who came and helped us celebrate Kamden’s first birthday. This party was for Husband and I as much as it was for Kamden – we survived the first year of parenthood! This year has been unbelievable, I can’t believe Kamden is a year old but I am so looking forward to the next year and new adventures of being a boy mom. This Mini Man Child of ours is a keeper!

By |2014-12-16T06:15:33+00:00December 16th, 2014|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry December 16, 2014 at 6:36 am - Reply

Ok… This may or may not have made me cry.

I guess I should have let Kirsten steal those tiny pics after all 🙂 She wanted a couple of them!!

• Nicole December 16, 2014 at 6:55 am - Reply

Well, Kirsten is in luck because I’ve got lots of square pics and magnets to send her way!!!!!!!

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Three 31 wrote: > >

2. Julie December 16, 2014 at 8:02 am - Reply

The party looks like it turned out just perfect! That banner is the bomb. Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!!!!

• Nicole December 16, 2014 at 8:06 am - Reply

Thank you! The party WAS perfect, so many wonderful people who love and support Kamden (and his parents) and the entire day was joy-filled. We are so blessed! And I’m definitely proud of that banner, I think it turned out really well. HA!!! 🙂

3. Julie December 16, 2014 at 8:02 am - Reply

• Nicole December 16, 2014 at 8:06 am - Reply

4. Crystal Hall December 16, 2014 at 1:49 pm - Reply

How is he already one?!?!?! What a great birthday party!

• Nicole December 16, 2014 at 2:01 pm - Reply

I don’t know, Crystal, but I think there is a serious mistake on my calendar. There’s no way it’s been a year, right?!?!?!?! The party was a blast, even though it is by no means a Pinterest success story. HA!!!!!

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Three 31 wrote: > >

5. Crystal Hall December 16, 2014 at 1:49 pm - Reply

How is he already one?!?!?! What a great birthday party!

• Nicole December 16, 2014 at 2:01 pm - Reply

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Three 31 wrote: > >

6. Dawn December 16, 2014 at 7:58 pm - Reply

A very Happy first birthday wish to Mr Kamden! What a fun party for a fun little man! Congrats mommy and daddy!

• Nicole December 16, 2014 at 10:10 pm - Reply

Thank you! Thank you! We’re definitely looking forward to the next adventures with a toddler!!!!

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Three 31 wrote: > >

7. Dawn December 16, 2014 at 7:58 pm - Reply

• Nicole December 16, 2014 at 10:10 pm - Reply

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Three 31 wrote: > >

8. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin December 17, 2014 at 6:36 am - Reply

loved your ideas… and I see “Family”…which is so wonderful!…Happy Birthday to your handsome little guy…You are blessed!

• Nicole December 17, 2014 at 8:59 am - Reply

Thank you so much! We had such a great time celebrating with lots of “family” (related and not!) last weekend, definitely a memorable day. We are certainly blessed beyond measure, and so thankful Kamden is ours. 🙂

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:36 AM, Three 31 wrote: > >