Our Punkin in the Pumpkin Patch

Kamden.10months-189

Last Monday, Kamden and I visited the church’s pumpkin patch. As a mom, it was a rash decision but, as a blogger in desperate need of a fall-themed portrait for his monthly update post, it was an opportunity I couldn’t resist. Kamden took his normal two-hour nap but the moment he opened his eyes, I scooped him out of bed, changed his diaper and clothes, and we went to the church for a quick portrait session during the glorious “golden hour” of the afternoon. I’m pleased with the outcome.

Kamden.10months-131

He was such a trooper through this portrait mini-session though, bless his little heart, and there was plenty to keep him distracted and prevent him from looking at Mommy’s camera.

Kamden.10months-77

This “candy corn cutie” was infatuated with the tiny pumpkins. Kamden made a friend with the scarecrow by pulling his hair!

Kamden.10months-118

I love the expression on Kamden’s face and would love to know what he’s thinking, like he wants to touch the scarecrow but the pumpkin is less intimidating! And let’s not forget the chubby cheeks, double chin, and those shoes. Oh my cute stars!

Kamden.10months-163

Kamden’s standing up really well, with assistance, but he’s not a fan of shoes. Thankfully, he was distracted by the pumpkins (he even tried picking up some of the larger ones!) and his shoes stayed on while we were in the patch. As soon as we got in the car though, he kicked off both shoes before we got home … and we live about a mile from the church!

Kamden.10months-214

When all else fails, sit a little boy on the ground and let him play in the hay. Then take his picture when he’s not looking for the most natural pose.

Kamden.10months-246

Going to a pumpkin patch and taking pictures was on our fall bucket list, so we can mark this one complete. We still need to get Kamden his own pumpkin and decorate or carve it before Halloween.

Do you have any fall or Halloween-themed traditions?

By |2014-10-23T06:45:10+00:00October 23rd, 2014|Blog, Kamden, Photography|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry October 23, 2014 at 11:52 am - Reply

Thank you. thank you, thank you. I am so happy seeing these beautiful moments in time. I know both of the girls will be too. Whenever I show them a new photo of Kamden, they kiss my phone or what-have-you. It’s too cute. We so love mini-man. He is the most precious little guy. I hope he gets to feeling better so very soon. It’s heartbreaking to know he’s not 100% himself.

These are perfect!

• Nicole October 23, 2014 at 12:02 pm - Reply

Nana C is kissing her phone and the computer screen too — HAHAHAHAHA. He slept 11 hours last night, without cough medicine, and we both took an hour nap before 10 this morning. Oops. I’m ready for him to feel better and get over this crap, of course, but it’s hilarious when he coughs then sneezes in a split second. #MiniManChild

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Three 31 wrote:

2. Debbie Kelly October 23, 2014 at 1:57 pm - Reply

Love the pics!! He is adorable.

• Nicole October 23, 2014 at 2:07 pm - Reply

Thank you! He’s had a rough week with coughing and sneezing. His first cold ever, poor guy! Miss you. 🙂

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Three 31 wrote:

3. Nina October 23, 2014 at 3:06 pm - Reply

So cute! The pictures came out great, babies + pumpkins in a wheel barrow = classic! Reminds me of Ez’s pumpkin patch pictures last year, when he was still immobile.

• Nicole October 23, 2014 at 3:11 pm - Reply

Kamden’s had a rough week suffering his first cold, so keeping his mobile, busy body still for pictures was a little easier. He’s on the mend though, and will be his usual, jovial self soon. 🙂

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Three 31 wrote:

4. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin October 24, 2014 at 5:28 am - Reply

just so cute…My has he grown!

• Nicole October 24, 2014 at 5:49 am - Reply

Oh my goodness, I KNOW!!!!! Every night when I’m putting lotion on his and dressing him for bed, I consider how much he’s grown in 10 months. Where did my tiny baby go?! Who is this Mini Man Child in front of us?!?!

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Three 31 wrote: