My Mother’s Day Wish // #redballoonsforryan

mommyandkamden3

This Sunday, May 11, along with millions of other women, I will celebrate my first Mother’s Day. Considering all that is wonderful, amazing, sacred, and beautiful about being a mom, my wish this Mother’s Day is simple:

ONE MORE DAY.

I simply wish to be Kamden’s mommy one more day. That’s it. I don’t want fancy jewelry. I don’t want flowers. I don’t want an elaborate dinner. I don’t want time alone in quiet solitude. I don’t want a mani/pedi or massage. I don’t want new shoes or clothes. I simply want more time with my son and husband. I want to spend another day being Kamden’s mommy — his caretaker, his provider, his protector, his source of sustenance, his place of comfort and rest.

in the air

I want one more day to see his smile first thing in the morning. I want one more day to hear him giggle, watch him kick his leg to make himself rock in the chair, and one more day to get excited when Daddy gets home from work.

I want one more day to squeeze his chubby cheeks. I want another day to hold him close, listen to him breathe, watch his chest rise and fall, and feel his weight on my chest as he peacefully sleeps. I want one more day to play on the activity mat, wipe his never-ending drool, and hear him squeal in delight. I want one more day to read nursery rhymes and Bible stories. I want one more day to tell him about family and friends he’s not yet met. I want one more day to tell him I love him.

mommyandkamden1

I want one more day to count his ten fingers and ten toes. I want one more day to watch him get excited when he sees a full bottle and he’s ready to eat. I want one more day to give him a bath and splash in the water. I want one more day to massage his body with lotion before bedtime. I want one more day to dress him. I want one more day to hold his little big hands.

mommyandkamden2

My Mother’s Day wish is to have one more day with Kamden and be the best mommy possible. I want one more day because life is precious and time is passing quickly. I want another day with my son just to thank God for the gift of motherhood and childhood innocence. I want one more day.

This post was inspired by the tragic and heartbreaking loss of RYAN, the three year old son of a blogger, who was struck and killed by a vehicle last week. A fun game with family turned terribly wrong when he ran into the street to retrieve a Frisbee. Please join me in prayer for this child’s family. Let us not forget, also, the person driving the vehicle. I cannot imagine losing my child to such an accident and I certainly can’t imagine the amount of guilt felt by the driver. May the Lord bring all of their hearts peace and comfort during this terrible tragedy and loss of a precious red-headed boy.

redryan

Image from Baby Boy Bakery // #RedBalloonsForRyan

PHOTO CREDIT // For my first Mother’s Day, Husband gifted me with a “Mommy and Me” photo shoot with the wonderful, beautiful, talented, and lovely Becky from The Java Mama Blog + Photography. I am in love with these photos and can’t wait to see the rest of the collection. I’m definitely going to make this an annual tradition for Kamden and I on Mother’s Day!

By |2014-05-08T02:30:06+00:00May 8th, 2014|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry May 8, 2014 at 6:05 am - Reply

Your photos are stunningly gorgeous. However, I’m left with a pit in my stomach after reading about that beautiful, red-headed little angel. Life IS far too short for all we have to accomplish in the name of God!! Kiss yours while I do the same.

• Nicole May 8, 2014 at 6:50 am - Reply

Thank you! I will cherish these photos forever. Ryan’s death is so sad. I don’t his family but the loss hurts just the same. BIG hugs to you and the girls. XOXO

2. Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) May 8, 2014 at 10:10 am - Reply

The past few days I have been praying for the same thing. More time. As selfish as it is I want Ford on this earth longer than me, I dont know if I am strong enough to lose him. Your pictures are GORGEOUS! Kamden is so happy, you can tell he knows hes loved!

• Nicole May 8, 2014 at 11:58 am - Reply

Oh Ruthie, if I think about it for longer than a second, I could almost get sick thinking if something happened to Kamden. It literally puts a pit in my stomach and my breath is taken away. I can’t stand it. Thank you for your sweet words, I’m in LOVE with these photos of Kamden and I for my first mother’s day. It’s definitely a special day, indeed. And yes, he is VERY loved. 🙂

3. Dawn Kolvig May 8, 2014 at 10:44 am - Reply

Thank you for sharing this story Nicole, beautiful pictures and beautiful words. Amen to just one more day!

• Nicole May 8, 2014 at 11:58 am - Reply

Thank you and AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!

4. KC @ Average: More or Less May 8, 2014 at 1:26 pm - Reply

Such a sweet post and a heartbreaking tribute. Thank you.

• Nicole May 8, 2014 at 1:46 pm - Reply

Thank you for the sweet words. 🙂

5. aimee fauci May 8, 2014 at 9:02 pm - Reply

I just read about this story today.. no words… I have an almost three year old that seems as active as this little boy was and it would kill me… Feel horrible for everyone involved and affected.. Great write up by the way.

• Nicole May 8, 2014 at 9:43 pm - Reply

Thank you, Aimee. I don’t know this blogger or her family, but I’ve sure held Kamden tighter since reading about their tragic situation. I cannot imagine, fathom, the heartache. It literally makes me sick just to think about it. Hug your little one tight tonight.

6. Jennifer Dewey Rohrich May 12, 2014 at 3:15 pm - Reply

Beautiful! Beautiful words, beautiful images! And so often we forget how BLESSED we are to simply be living, breathing, and loving one another JUST ONE MORE DAY! Having lost a friend of ours at 25, it really hits home for me about life. Makes me start each day counting my blessings instead of thinking about all my “problems” in life. Because honestly, my problems PALE in comparison to being no longer! Thank you for this beautiful reminder! And I hope you had an AMAZING first Mother’s Day my friend!!

• Nicole May 12, 2014 at 3:44 pm - Reply

Oh Jenny, thank you so much! My first Mother’s Day was perfect. Husband and Kamden “signed” the perfect card, a beautiful church service, and dinner I didn’t have to cook! Big hugs to you too, Lovely Lady. 🙂

7. Year in Review | 2014 | Three 31 December 31, 2014 at 3:30 am - Reply

[…] What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory? May 11, 2014 — my first mother’s day (to celebrate, Kamden and I had a Mommy+Me photo shoot) […]