Finish This #10

Look, we’ve made it to Week #10. We are in DOUBLE DIGITS y’all!!!!!

Hello and welcome to Week 10 of Finish This! If you’re new here, I’m glad you found my blog. This link-up is hosted by LISA (COASTLINED), JEN (The Arizona Russums), BECKY (The Java Mama) and I.  If you’ve joined us before, thanks for returning and be sure you add your post to the link-up. If you don’t have a blog, don’t fret. Answer the prompts in a comment. Next week’s prompts are provided at the bottom of this post.

FinishThis--SMALL

1. My boobs are
AWESOME. That’s what Husband says they are. Kamden agrees as they are the vessels in which his daily bread is produced.

2. My heart is
on my sleeve (all the time) and full of joy for my boys, Husband and Kamden. I would be lost without the love of my family and friends. I am truly blessed.

3. One thing every woman should know
is how to change a flat tire. My daddy made sure I knew how to do this task before I was even allowed to get my driver’s license. As for driving a manual transmission, ain’t nobody got time for that. Or the proper number of feet required to maneuver such pedals. Seriously, if the Good Lord wanted me to drive a manual, He’d had given three feet … one for each pedal.

4. My breakfast typically consists of
whole rolled oats and instant oatmeal combined with soy milk, dried fruit (cranberries, raisins and blueberries) and a tiny bit of pure maple syrup. I’ve been eating oats and oatmeal since Kamden was born to boost my lactation. I was never an oatmeal eater until he was born … it’s amazing how taste buds change. Now I begin every day with a warm bowl of deliciousness.

5. I’m so glad I learned the secret to
making Dad’s homemade barbeque sauce. I cannot share it, so don’t bother asking for the recipe!

Now it’s your turn. Answer these prompts in a post on your own blog or, if you do not have a blog, simply add your responses in a comment. Join us next Wednesday for another round of Finish This where we’ll answer the prompts below!

Prompts for WEEK #11 (March 19) are:
When I need help with life’s mysteries, I turn to
My next challenge is figuring out
I shake things up
High heels are

By | 2014-03-12T00:05:24+00:00 March 12th, 2014|Finish This|0 Comments

1. Paula Kaye March 12, 2014 at 12:41 am - Reply

I loved your answer to the “boobs” question! Very good! I am sure both your men DO think they are awesome.

Paula at /Smidgen,Snippets,&Bits

• Nicole March 12, 2014 at 2:00 am - Reply

Thanks Paula! I must say, my chest is quite impressive. HA!

• Nicole March 14, 2014 at 4:32 pm - Reply

Keepin’ it real, Paula, just keepin’ it real!!!!!! A friend of mine described my “girls” are big enough for their own zip code. She has a valid point. HAHAHAHA

2. […] Finish This #10 […]

3. Holly McMullen March 12, 2014 at 7:10 am - Reply

I completely agree with the tire change. I wasn’t allowed to even think about a drivers license until I could change my tire, do an oil change and basic road side repairs. The perks of an uncle and grandpa who are mechanics. However, I am very grateful for that knowledge and have used it a time or two. Hubbins and I agree both girls will be expected to know the same things when the time comes.

• Nicole March 12, 2014 at 7:48 am - Reply

AGREE, Holly!!! I had to know the same things …. perks of being the daughter of a farmer and the granddaughter of a trucking company and tire shop owner! But, seriously, regardless of gender, every driver should know basic ‘survival skills’ on the roadway. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve helped friends stuck on the side of the road because they didn’t even know there was a spare tire located in the trunk of their car. They were waiting for the Fairy Godmother to appear and help them along I guess. (heavy sigh)

4. Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) March 12, 2014 at 7:50 am - Reply

Hahah I love #1!!! Full breastfeeding boobs are awesome! Empty ones… man I feel like they are grocery bags haha but my hubby still loves em!

• Nicole March 12, 2014 at 12:38 pm - Reply

Boobs are awesome, breastfeeding/pumping ones or not. I can get almost anything from Husband leveraging my boobies!!!!!

5. Pary Moppins March 12, 2014 at 7:53 am - Reply

I know that when our daughter starts driving, my husband already said he wanted to teach her basic car maintenance. I think I need to sit in on that class. 🙂

• Nicole March 14, 2014 at 4:34 pm - Reply

Definitely agree ….. though my father and husband both “wish” I knew how to drive a manual. I think they’re both NUTS.

6. Emily Humphries March 12, 2014 at 9:06 am - Reply

hahaha so in other words if we want your dads homemade bar bq sauce we are all going to have to come visit you. Something tells me you better be prepared to be invaded! Love this post!

• Nicole March 14, 2014 at 4:35 pm - Reply

Come on over …. but you will NOT be getting the family secret recipe!!!!!! It’s really tasty, I’d love to send you home with a Mason jar full of the delicious-ness. I’ve been known to dip potato chips and saltine crackers in it, or eat it with a big spoon. HA!

7. penguinsangel March 18, 2014 at 3:00 pm - Reply

I love that our answers to something every woman should know are similar in one aspect and not in the other. lol and yum yum BBQ sauce!

• Nicole March 18, 2014 at 3:21 pm - Reply

That’s a good thing …. and one of the great things about this link-up and why it’s so much fun to read everybody’s answers each week. Looking forward to your post tomorrow!!!! =)