The parental units have arrived!!!!

I interrupt this program to bring you a very special announcement …

The Parental Units are in Texas!!!!!!!

momdadI snapped this photo Sunday night, aren’t they adorable?!

Mom and Dad are exhausted – a 13-hour drive will do that to you – but I’m so glad to have them here. I expected them Wednesday but they arrived Saturday night. It was the best SURPRISE ever!!!!!! Yesterday (Sunday), Mom and I went to church then we all enjoyed a relaxing, lazy day with naps, football, and homemade chili.

tessTess goes where Mom and Dad go, so naturally she made the trip too.
She also enjoyed herself a Sunday Sabbath Siesta!

Unless I go into labor sooner, Baby Kamden is scheduled to arrive this Thursday, December 19. If nothing rips, breaks, or tears, I’m buying a MegaMillions lottery ticket before the big drawing on my 30th birthday (Dec 17) just for shits and giggles. If I win, I’ll let you know!

What would you do with $500 million?????

By |2013-12-16T04:45:31+00:00December 16th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry December 16, 2013 at 5:29 am - Reply

First of all, I was shocked and ELATED to see Nana Charlotte at church! Woo hoo! Did my heart some good.

Secondly, I’d buy a ranch w/ lake front property and never teach again. I’d drink coffee from the deck and write when the mood struck, but fish more often than that. I’d donate a lot and take care of those I love.

I’ll see you at the hospital Friday afternoon unless Kamden comes sooner!

• Nicole December 16, 2013 at 7:11 pm - Reply

1. Having Nana Charlotte here so early was a HUGE surprise!!!! 2. I’m coming over for happy hour. 3. Ohmygoodnessgracious, I can’t believe it’s THIS WEEK!!!!!

2. Julie December 16, 2013 at 9:59 am - Reply

What great news and I know that you are so relieved that they are here before the big day!!!!! Sending prayers and hugs your way for a smooth delivery on Thursday….I am so excited for you!!!!!

• Nicole December 16, 2013 at 7:11 pm - Reply

Thank you, Lovely Lady!!!!!

3. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin December 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm - Reply

nothing like having Mom and Dad with you at this special time…

• Nicole December 16, 2013 at 7:12 pm - Reply

Marilyn, you are SO right!!!!

4. Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck December 16, 2013 at 5:53 pm - Reply

I cannot believe he is being born THIS WEEK!!!! I only feel like it is still May!!! (Only it’s cold outside…LOL) Can’t wait to meet the little guy!!! Yay for your parents showing up early. That is one stresser out of your life! And wouldn’t it be awesome to win that kind of money??? I’d retire. And then figure out the rest. 😉 (I would love to start up my own farm-to-table organization alongside my Hope Mission charity…that’d be plenty of funds to get that started!) If you get a chance in your soon to be “free” time, I highly recommend reading Raspberries and Vinegar by Valerie Comer. Loved this book!!

5. Skye December 16, 2013 at 6:31 pm - Reply

Yay for parents arriving early, that must ease your mind so much!

6. Michelle @ Mind of Meesh December 16, 2013 at 8:41 pm - Reply

Having your parents around is such a good feeling. I only live an hour away from them, but it feels like forever away now that I have a baby. I miss them so much and cherish the time we have together. Be sure to use them to your advantage when your baby comes! I am so excited for you!

• Nicole December 16, 2013 at 9:11 pm - Reply

Thank you, Michelle. I would absolutely LOVE if my parents lived an hour away, you’re so fortunate!!!!! Mom made dinner tonight, I’m already putting her to work. HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

7. Jan Elmore December 16, 2013 at 10:35 pm - Reply

Glad they’re here! I know you’re more relieved now! “You’re in good hands!” <3

• Nicole December 17, 2013 at 3:21 pm - Reply

Jan, you are so right — it’s so good to have Mom and Dad (and Tess) here. They’re spoiling me rotten. =)

8. Aleshea December 18, 2013 at 1:38 am - Reply

Yay! I know i’m a mess but i’m just waiting on the beautiful baby pictures I know you are gonna post.

• Nicole December 18, 2013 at 11:40 am - Reply

You got it, Aleshea!!!! I’ll post some as soon as I can. =)

9. Crystal December 19, 2013 at 9:52 am - Reply

Yay!!! So glad they made it in. What a wonderful surprise!!!!!!!