a follow-up to yesterday’s “woe is me” post

If you missed yesterday’s emotional “woe is me” post, you can catch up here. But today I have really great news!

hearyeThe head nurse at the OB’s office called and explained that a “scheduled induction appointment” had opened up at the hospital because another patient went into labor last night. Good news for that mom: she delivered a healthy baby. Good news for us: my PREFERRED plan might work! While inducing labor was not something we anticipated, by December 19 I’ll be three days shy of 40 weeks, my parents will be in town, and my doctor will deliver Kamden.

If nothing rips, breaks, or tears,
Baby Kamden will be born Thursday, December 19.

Baby Kamden, please cooperate and “bake” another week. I know you’re feeling and eating well because you’re constantly moving and weigh EIGHT pounds! And, thanks to “Auntie Jamie,” you have an appropriate outfit to wear on Christmas!

santasuit

Thanks for the sweet comments yesterday. God’s plan is better than mine anyway. My prayer now is to stay pregnant and make it to December 19!!!!

By |2013-12-13T04:30:44+00:00December 13th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry December 13, 2013 at 5:31 am - Reply

Hang in there buddy! Auntie Celeste will be mid-semester exams beginning the 18th and my students (and boss) think I should be there. And, by the way… Take it easy on your mom. She’s a little nervous about the getting you here part! Smooches!

• Nicole December 13, 2013 at 3:47 pm - Reply

WORD TO YOUR MOTHER!!!!!!!! I can’t wait for Auntie Celeste and Kamden to meet. =)

2. Brandy Sutton December 13, 2013 at 7:47 am - Reply

I’m glad things are working towards your plan! Hope your little man cooperates with your plan:) haha. Can not wait to see pics of this precious baby boy! Best Wishes to a smooth and safe delivery of Mr. Kamden. And will be hoping for safe travels for two special people:)

• Nicole December 13, 2013 at 3:49 pm - Reply

Thanks Brandy, be on the look-out this weekend for nursery pics. The letters look AMAZING!!!!!! Thank you, love. =)

3. Amber December 13, 2013 at 8:01 am - Reply

Congrats! Glad you’re plan is working out. Cute Santa outfit!

• Nicole December 13, 2013 at 3:50 pm - Reply

Thanks Amber, isn’t that Santa suit the cutest?!

4. Amanda Coers December 13, 2013 at 8:53 am - Reply

Hooray! 😀 He’ll be here before you know it! Can’t wait to see some pics of his cute little face.

• Nicole December 13, 2013 at 3:58 pm - Reply

Thanks, Amanda — I can’t believe this is our last weekend as a family of two and we’ll be a family of THREE later next week. OH MY!

5. Stephanie December 13, 2013 at 12:25 pm - Reply

Enjoy your last week of a family of 2… becoming a Mom and a family of 3 is the most amazing experience. What a wonderful Christmas present!

• Nicole December 13, 2013 at 3:59 pm - Reply

Stephanie, thank you so much! We are definitely receiving the best kind of present this Christmas, we’re incredibly blessed. Plus, December babies are the BEST kind (but I’m kinda biased!!!!!).

6. Rebekah December 13, 2013 at 2:09 pm - Reply

So glad to hear that it looks like things will work out!!

• Nicole December 13, 2013 at 4:03 pm - Reply

Thanks, Rebekah, we’re keeping our fingers crossed that all goes well …. whatever day or night he arrives! =)

7. Ashley December 13, 2013 at 2:26 pm - Reply

Yay!! You can make it….it’s less than a week away 🙂 Just take it easy and before you know it the 19th will be here and you’ll be holding your new little baby!

• Nicole December 13, 2013 at 4:04 pm - Reply

Thanks, Ashley! We are over-the-moon excited and full of anticipation for this bundle of joy. =)

8. Helen (@EatEnjoyLive) December 13, 2013 at 3:55 pm - Reply

I will be praying for you lovely. It’s so exciting, can’t believe you will have a baby in your arms this time next week 🙂

• Nicole December 13, 2013 at 4:05 pm - Reply

I know, Helen!!!!!!! It’s awesome crazy and we’re so excited. A little nervous, but definitely looking forward to meeting our little guy. =)

9. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin December 13, 2013 at 5:08 pm - Reply

Best to you … and may your Baby Kamden come when the time is right…

• Nicole December 13, 2013 at 5:22 pm - Reply

Thanks so much, Marilyn!!!!

10. Crystal December 19, 2013 at 9:50 am - Reply

So so so exciting! Thinking about you today and can’t wait to see a picture of that sweet baby boy!!! Yay!!!!