Favorite Pregnancy Products

musthavesThe Inter-Webs are full of list of essential products and pregnancy must-haves. Frankly, they can be just as overwhelming as walking into Babies R’Us for the first time — as was the case for Husband a few weeks ago. I didn’t know if he’d make it past the customer service desk, but I held his hand through the store and he survived.

I’m blessed to have family and friends who are not only experienced mothers, but they’re also willing to share their favorite (and not-so-favorite) products with me. Because I love posts like this one, and glean valuable insight from others, I wanted to share my favorite pregnancy products:

1. Bump Nest Pregnancy Pillow ….. I won this pillow as a giveaway, part of a product review by Lindsey, at The Wise Baby. The pillow is, without a doubt, the most comfy, adorable, and perfect pillow. It’s been a lifesaver during this pregnancy and I know I will continue to enjoy it even after Baby K arrives. The shepherd-hook supports my back while the longer side supports my belly and sits between my knees to align my hips. I can’t say enough about this pillow and its awesomeness. Yes, it’s big and chunky and takes up considerable space on our king-size bed, but I love it.

2. Maternity jeans ….. Okay, I admit it: I’m glad I splurged and paid $44.16 for a pair of jeans from Motherhood Maternity. I hesitated for weeks before buying these jeans but I wear them every day. Literally! These are the ONLY bottoms that fit around my belly and I’m willing to wear in public.

3. CVS Prenatal Vitamins ….. I spent many hours researching prenatal vitamins, generic and prescription-only brands suggested by my OB doctor. Turns out, the CVS vitamins were the best choice for me. First, they do not contain any milk ingredients. Secondly, they include higher doses of essential vitamins and minerals, including DHA, than other prescription-only brands. Third, they are reasonably priced and readily available. I recently purchased six packages during a “buy one get one free” sale.

4. Old Navy maternity layering tank tops ….. These are a MUST. I have six of these in multiple colors and I wear them every single day. The length is perfect, covering the stretchy belly band on my jeans, and they’re incredibly comfortable. I layered them under t-shirts and sweaters and also wear them to bed.

5. Tervis insulated cups ….. Hydration is key during pregnancy and these cups help me drink in style. After the gallbladder incident, plus the pregnancy surprise, diet and exercise became priorities. Since May, I’ve not had sweet tea, caffeine, raw sushi or fried foods. To stay hydrated, I drink lots of water (with lemon or lime), decaf and unsweetened iced tea, and fresh fruit juice (water added because it tastes really sweet to me).

6. ASUS tablet ….. This is another splurge that I didn’t expect to like as much as I do. I originally purchased it for my trip to the Holy Land, but now it’s keeping me sane (and entertained) in the wee hours of the night when I’m battling insomnia. With our wi-fi, I can access email and read blogs, play Solitaire, and read books without interrupting Husband’s sleep. Husband may or may not also find me camping out in the bathroom because potty breaks are so frequent.

If you’re looking for more inspiration, say hello to Lindsey at The Wise Baby and Jen from The Arizona Russums.

2013

By | 2013-10-30T15:02:48+00:00 October 30th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. Jennifer Salter October 30, 2013 at 6:35 pm - Reply

I’m not even remotely pregnant and I really want one of those bump pillows… I think it would help when I have a flare up… not to mention give me something to snuggle when hubby is on the road 🙂

• Nicole October 30, 2013 at 8:28 pm - Reply

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Seriously, the pillow is amazing and no matter how much I toss and turn in the night, it’s perfectly plump and plush. There are different covers available in a variety of colors, plus the pillow itself and the cover is machine washable. If you decide to get one, let me know how you like it. =)

2. lsk October 30, 2013 at 8:18 pm - Reply

So glad to hear you are loving the pillow! It has been my lifesaver and of course, thanks for your love and support of The Wise Baby! Can’t wait to virtually “meet” Baby K in just a few short weeks! xoxo

• Nicole October 30, 2013 at 8:29 pm - Reply

Oh my gosh, Lindsey, can you believe mid-December is just WEEKS away?! It seems like yesterday we found out this BIG SURPRISE but time is flying by so quickly. Eeek!

3. jenrussum October 31, 2013 at 6:11 am - Reply

Thanks for the shout out friend! Your list is great. That’s good to know about CVS vitamins (I did NO research whatsoever and ended up just popping folic acid for the second half of my pregnancy when I couldn’t choke down another gummy prenatal). And Old Navy tanks are the best!!! I can’t wait to buy a fresh round of colors and patterns if/when I get prego again.

• Nicole October 31, 2013 at 8:39 am - Reply

you are so welcome, much deserved! The CVS vitamins are great and I may stay on them forever — my nails look fantastic, plus, I’m sure the daily dose of vitamins and minerals won’t hurt. As for the Old Navy tanks, I plan to get a fresh set after Baby Kamden arrives (hopefully in a size or two smaller!) to wear. It’s difficult finding tanks, or any top for that matter, that are long enough for my six-foot-tall and plus frame. Tops are often short but “tunics” feel like they drag the ground. I hate clothes and shopping, trying to find shirts and pants long enough just adds to the fire!!!! Besides, with my weight loss during pregnancy, plus weight that I will lose during labor and delivery and post-partum, I’m looking forward to a new wardrobe. And Baby K too, of course!!!! LOL

4. Skye Kilaen November 1, 2013 at 3:21 pm - Reply

The tablet is also great for after baby’s born, I wish we’d had one when I was up for all those middle of the night feedings. I didn’t even have a smart phone, I was so bored in the dark when he was nursing for an hour at a time. (He kept eating even after he’d fall asleep, it’s not like I would have been ignoring his need for attention haha.) And for bottle-feeding, I’m SURE there’s a way to prop those suckers so you can still have a hand free.

• Nicole November 1, 2013 at 5:05 pm - Reply

Oh Skye, I still don’t have a smart phone (represent the FLIP phone!!!!!) but I’m really glad I have this tablet. I also bought the keyboard attachment so it can be propped up and placed on a table. I’m sure it’ll definitely come in handy after Baby K arrives!!!!!

5. […] I was pregnant, I shared my favorite products (here) and what I packed in my hospital bag (here). Now that I’ve survived the first month with a […]