The Inter-Webs are full of list of essential products and pregnancy must-haves. Frankly, they can be just as overwhelming as walking into Babies R’Us for the first time — as was the case for Husband a few weeks ago. I didn’t know if he’d make it past the customer service desk, but I held his hand through the store and he survived.
I’m blessed to have family and friends who are not only experienced mothers, but they’re also willing to share their favorite (and not-so-favorite) products with me. Because I love posts like this one, and glean valuable insight from others, I wanted to share my favorite pregnancy products:
1. Bump Nest Pregnancy Pillow ….. I won this pillow as a giveaway, part of a product review by Lindsey, at The Wise Baby. The pillow is, without a doubt, the most comfy, adorable, and perfect pillow. It’s been a lifesaver during this pregnancy and I know I will continue to enjoy it even after Baby K arrives. The shepherd-hook supports my back while the longer side supports my belly and sits between my knees to align my hips. I can’t say enough about this pillow and its awesomeness. Yes, it’s big and chunky and takes up considerable space on our king-size bed, but I love it.
2. Maternity jeans ….. Okay, I admit it: I’m glad I splurged and paid $44.16 for a pair of jeans from Motherhood Maternity. I hesitated for weeks before buying these jeans but I wear them every day. Literally! These are the ONLY bottoms that fit around my belly and I’m willing to wear in public.
3. CVS Prenatal Vitamins ….. I spent many hours researching prenatal vitamins, generic and prescription-only brands suggested by my OB doctor. Turns out, the CVS vitamins were the best choice for me. First, they do not contain any milk ingredients. Secondly, they include higher doses of essential vitamins and minerals, including DHA, than other prescription-only brands. Third, they are reasonably priced and readily available. I recently purchased six packages during a “buy one get one free” sale.
4. Old Navy maternity layering tank tops ….. These are a MUST. I have six of these in multiple colors and I wear them every single day. The length is perfect, covering the stretchy belly band on my jeans, and they’re incredibly comfortable. I layered them under t-shirts and sweaters and also wear them to bed.
5. Tervis insulated cups ….. Hydration is key during pregnancy and these cups help me drink in style. After the gallbladder incident, plus the pregnancy surprise, diet and exercise became priorities. Since May, I’ve not had sweet tea, caffeine, raw sushi or fried foods. To stay hydrated, I drink lots of water (with lemon or lime), decaf and unsweetened iced tea, and fresh fruit juice (water added because it tastes really sweet to me).
6. ASUS tablet ….. This is another splurge that I didn’t expect to like as much as I do. I originally purchased it for my trip to the Holy Land, but now it’s keeping me sane (and entertained) in the wee hours of the night when I’m battling insomnia. With our wi-fi, I can access email and read blogs, play Solitaire, and read books without interrupting Husband’s sleep. Husband may or may not also find me camping out in the bathroom because potty breaks are so frequent.