Chunky Monkey

I’ve reached the point in pregnancy (29 weeks) when I see my OB doctor every other week and I had an appointment today. I’m not feeling well due to seasonal allergies and I had also prepared myself for a weight gain (considering my recent trip to Kentucky included vegan chocolate cake, Mom’s home-cooking, and very little exercise). But I was pleasantly surprised that I had lost another two pounds. While my OB is pleased with my weight loss, and my belly is measuring fine, she was worried about Baby K’s size and did a growth scan (ultrasound).

Turns out, Baby K is a chunky monkey! He currently weighs 3 pounds and 3 ounces, in the 65% percentile at 29 weeks. There’s nothing wrong with this kid!!!!!

ChunkyMonkeySmall

Remember in yesterday’s post I told you that Baby K (a.k.a. Chunky Monkey) didn’t like my allergies and would kick every time I coughed or sneezed? Well, now I have photographic evidence of my Future Olympic Kick Boxer. In the sonogram photo above, both of his hands are balled into fists and tucked beneath his chin. You can also see his eyes, nose, and mouth.

At least he’s a cute Chunky Monkey, right?!

2013

By | 2013-10-09T16:41:57+00:00 October 9th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin October 9, 2013 at 4:58 pm - Reply

awesome…

• Nicole October 9, 2013 at 5:05 pm - Reply

Yes, Marilyn, it IS awesome!!!!!

2. Celeste Zachry October 9, 2013 at 5:20 pm - Reply

I. Love. Him.

I cannot wait to squeeze him!!!

• Nicole October 9, 2013 at 5:22 pm - Reply

I think it’s safe to say there will be PLENTY of him to squeeze!!!! At this point, I’m concerned about his birth weight. I’d much prefer he NOT be a toddler and walk out of my lady parts. Just sayin’.

3. Mary at Capturing Magical Memories October 9, 2013 at 6:14 pm - Reply

Love the nick name! I loved this time period when you kept having conversations with your belly.

• Nicole October 9, 2013 at 6:19 pm - Reply

The only conversations we’re having this week are coughs and sneezes due to my allergies and Baby K responds with a swift kick or punch. It’s been the most delightful couple of days …. NOT.

4. Ricci October 9, 2013 at 7:36 pm - Reply

Chunky Monkey indeed!! I LOVE a baby with rolls though…they are so cute!!!! You are almost there!!

• Nicole October 9, 2013 at 7:43 pm - Reply

I know, Ricci, it’s crazy to think how fast time has gone through this pregnancy and how soon K will be here. I hope that ASSEMBLY FAIRY shows up soon, because the crib, mattress, and dresser are still in their shipment boxes and stacked against the dining room table. HAHAHA!!!!!!!

5. Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck October 9, 2013 at 8:31 pm - Reply

LOL I love that you’ve named him Chunky Monkey and I really hope (for your sake and your lady parts sake) that he does not walk out the size of a toddler! 😉

• Nicole October 9, 2013 at 8:34 pm - Reply

AINT THAT THE TRUTH!?!?!?! Oh. My. Stars. Seriously, there’s not an epidural big enough for that nonsense!!!!!!! Love, Chunky Monkey’s Mama

6. Nina October 9, 2013 at 8:54 pm - Reply

I can’t wait to see Mr. CM after he struts out of your lady bits. 🙂
    Also – are you like, the first ever pregnant lady to be LOSING weight as you go along?!

• Nicole October 9, 2013 at 9:01 pm - Reply

Oh my, Nina, let’s hope his strut is a slide. Dear God, I’m so scared of labor!!!! Actually, one of my biggest concerns the moment we found out I was pregnant was my weight. I had A LOT to use and was determined to have a healthy pregnancy. Two weeks after the gallbladder episode (the cause of me going to the hospital and finding out Mr. CM existed!!!), I joined the gym. I’m being really smart about exercise: low-impact, light weights, cardio, yoga, water aerobics, Zumba (twice — I’m not very good!), and I always keep my heart rate under 140. My doctor is very pleased and we’re keeping a close eye on Kamden’s growth, which obviously just fine!!!!!!

• Nina October 10, 2013 at 11:59 am - Reply

I was joking! Yes, I too hope he slides on out and you have a lovely and not complicated labor!

I think it is wonderful you are taking such good care of yourself, and Mr. CM too, just by working out. You are gonna be one hot momma!!!

• Nicole October 10, 2013 at 12:00 pm - Reply

Awww, you’re so sweet. At this point, I’ll take Healthy Momma over Hot Momma … but hey, if the shoe fits!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

7. Regina @ Vintage 1973 October 11, 2013 at 10:30 pm - Reply

Enjoy! The pregnancy goes so fast (though it doesn’t always feel like it) then they have the nerve to step out into the world and grow at the snap of a finger. Congrats again (and thank you for sharing)!

• Nicole October 11, 2013 at 11:00 pm - Reply

Thanks Regina! My pregnancy has felt like it’s passing by at super-sonic speed, especially since I was nearly three months along BEFORE we even knew Baby K existed!