You’re Invited

I debated about posting this invitation because I didn’t want to offend anyone, but many of you have asked about our local (Texas) shower and baby registry. Here is the information:

itsaboy

showerinvite

A dear friend is hosting a baby shower in my honor Saturday, October 26 at First United Methodist Church in Joshua — located between Burleson and Cleburne on Highway 174. If you are in the area, I hope you’ll be able to attend. Not because I expect you to bring a gift, but because I’d really like to see you. Plus, my mom will be visiting from Kentucky and she’d like to meet the folks I’m constantly talking about! If you’re insistent about a gift, visit our registry at Amazon.com. We registered at Babies R’Us but those items have been purchased.

Things we HAVE:

CLOTHES —> Kamden has outfits in sizes up to 2T.
BLANKETS —> some even handmade!
BIBS
Changing Pad and organizer
Activity Mat
Boppy Pillow
High chair

Things we’d LIKE TO HAVE:

GEAR —> Pack’n’Play, rocker swing, sound machine, and breast pump
FEEDING —> breast milk storage bags
LINENS –> sheets for crib and Pack’N’Play
DIAPERS —> Pampers Swaddlers and Sensitive wipes
SAFETY —> digital thermometer and nail clippers
GIFT CARDS —> there are things we’ll need later down the road

If you are currently pregnant, I highly recommend visiting THE WISE BABY. This blog has been INVALUABLE to me for all things baby-related, including product reviews, putting together a registry, and general FAQ’s about pregnancy and perspectives from real moms. This is not a paid endorsement, I simply enjoy Lindsey’s blog and appreciate the work she and her team are doing.

For you more experienced moms (and dads), what items (include brand names if necessary!) did you like or use the most? What item(s) did you not like or use very often?

Add your comment to this post; your input is appreciated!

2013

By |2013-10-07T09:15:06+00:00October 7th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. Helene October 7, 2013 at 9:21 am - Reply

this is so exciting, and you should definitely post about it!

• Nicole October 7, 2013 at 9:24 am - Reply

Thanks Helene …… besides, who can get mad at a pregnant lady, right?! LOL

2. Emily Humphries October 7, 2013 at 9:55 am - Reply

Of course you should share if we can be there you know us Texas girls will.

• Nicole October 7, 2013 at 10:00 am - Reply

awww Emily, you are the sweetest. I would LOVE to see your sweet, smiling face! =)

3. Celeste Zachry October 7, 2013 at 10:38 am - Reply

Woo hoo! More, the merrier! Only merry people invited 😉

• Nicole October 7, 2013 at 11:12 am - Reply

BUWAHAHA We’ll have a “merry checker station” at the door. Mean people need not apply. LOL Love you bunches. =)

4. jwilliams057 October 7, 2013 at 11:35 am - Reply

I love new babies!

• Nicole October 7, 2013 at 11:37 am - Reply

Well, as Husband says, we’re gonna have one on the ground in a few more months!!!!!! (Yes, he was raised on a cattle ranch in East Texas.)

5. Jennifer Salter October 7, 2013 at 3:40 pm - Reply

Your shower is going to be so much fun! If there is anyway I can make it, I’ll try and be there…. but its doubtful 🙁 I know you’ll have an amazing time and be super blessed!

• Nicole October 7, 2013 at 3:57 pm - Reply

Thanks, Jennifer …. I hope I get to see your sweet smiling face. We have to get together soon anyway!!!!!

6. thewisebaby October 28, 2013 at 11:18 pm - Reply

Nicole, I hope you had a blast at your Shower. Thanks for reading TheWiseBaby!

• Nicole October 29, 2013 at 3:49 pm - Reply

ohhh Lindsey, thank you so much! I had two showers in Kentucky and another last week here in Texas … they were all FABULOUS. We received lots of gifts, blessings, and love from friends and family. The gift cards we received are going to buy any last-minute items we need before Baby K arrives and, of course, diapers. His closet is already full of clothes from newborn to 4T, not to mention all the outfits, onesies, bodysuits, etc in the chest of drawers. This kid is SPOILED to the core and he’s not due for another eight weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to you and The Wise Baby crew. =)