Second Trimester // pregnancy update #2

Reality is sinking in and I’m scared, excited, thrilled, overwhelmed, anxious, and every emotion imaginable! I realized — while visiting Kentucky for two baby showers — that Baby Kamden is due in 12 weeks. Y’all, I said TWELVE WEEKS! It’s insane to think how quickly time has gone.

How far along?:  28 weeks (only three more months!!!!)

Total weight gain/loss: 15 pounds LOST.

The Baby Bump: I definitely have a bump now! Please excuse the no-makeup look, it’s not catching. My belly’s so big, my boobs look small. That’s a strange thing for me to say!

28 weeks SMALL

Maternity Clothes:  Due to my weight loss, some of my pre-pregnancy clothes still fit. I’ve bought maternity shorts and jeans from Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy maternity tops. My favorite items are the Old Navy tank tops, They’re long enough to cover my belly (and stretchy material on maternity shorts/pants) and the side elastic panels are perfect for my growing belly!

Gender:  Baby K is a BOY and his name is Kamden Alan. I’m beyond excited to be the mother of Husband’s son. His name came from my parents, who were going to name me Camden Alan if I were a boy (and I almost became Camden Marie but Dad preferred Nicole). We changed the spelling so Kamden would have the same initials as Husband. Alan is also my Dad’s middle name.

What I’m looking forward to:  Getting the nursery furniture assembled, organizing his closet, and hanging the window treatments. Yes, I know I’ve been talking about hanging new curtains and rods for months, but it’s really going to happen.

Worst Moments:  I can only explain them as “growing pains” in my abdomen. Obviously, it’s my skin stretching and organs moving around to accommodate our growing baby!

Best Moments:  There have been several —– 1) finding out Baby K was a boy; 2) feeling Kamden move for the first time; and 3) traveling to Kentucky for baby showers. Also in Kentucky, I finally got to meet the two newest members of my family, they’re both third cousins.

third cousins

Missing anything:  The State Fair of Texas is going on right now and I’d really like a lemonade and Fletcher’s corny dog. Husband went to the gun range without me and I didn’t shoot while in Kentucky either, but Kamden’s development (especially his hearing) is more important than me “throwing” lead down range.

Cravings: Water. I am thirsty all the time and want ice-cold water.

Symptoms:  None …. I know, I’m extremely fortunate!

Sleep: Comes and goes. Some nights I sleep without interruption, while other nights I’m up three or four times to use the bathroom. I’ve also had some nights with insomnia where Husband finds me in the living room, usually on the couch reading.

Memorable Dreams: I dreamed that I was at home and my water broke. Then I woke up realizing I had to pee, but I was scared to get out of bed — afraid that my dream might be real!!!

Movement:  I FINALLY FELT KAMDEN MOVE!!!! It was the same day college football started (August 29) and I think Kamden sensed how excited I was.

Names:  Kamden Alan

Nursery progress:  Kamden’s room has been cleaned … but that’s it. The furniture is still in its shipping boxes leaning against the dining room table. My aunts and Nana bought me a glider/rocker chair and we’re waiting for it to arrive at Babies R’Us. The to-do list: assemble furniture, organize closet, hang curtain rods and panels, find a floor lamp, and decorate.

Milestones:  I’ve successfully passed two glucose tests and my blood pressure is perfect. The day after voicing concerns to my doctor about Kamden’s movements, I felt him move. He’s been non-stop ever since! I began using stretch mark cream on my belly every night before bed. I also selected our birth photographer.

Expected Due Date: Sunday, December 22. I have a feeling he’ll arrive early.

Goals for 3rd trimester:  1) Exercise; 2) Finish nursery to-do list; 3) Prepare meals to store in the freezer; 4) Buy last-minute items; and 5) Enjoy the last trimester!

The content of this post was inspired by Hello Bee.

By |2013-10-04T04:05:40+00:00October 4th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry October 4, 2013 at 5:25 am - Reply

Do you really think we won’t cook for you? We ALL know your allergy. Chill out a little!

• Nicole October 4, 2013 at 7:14 am - Reply

I’m more concerned about Husband as he’s concerned he might go hungry …. AS IF!!!!!! He’s trying to bribe Neenie (my 84-year-old grandmother, Dad’s mom) she needs to live with us after Kamden is born. His strategy: find her a hairdresser. HAHAHAHAHA She’s gets her “hair done” every Tuesday. It’s been this way FOREVER and that’s what Husband has prioritized to strengthen his case to get her down here on a long-term basis. The man is nuts, I swear. LOL

2. Julie October 4, 2013 at 7:25 am - Reply

You look great and it seems like your pregnancy is just FLYING by. Maybe that is because you kept it a secret for so long…you stinker!!!!!

• Nicole October 4, 2013 at 7:36 am - Reply

Thank you! Well, I was 8 or 9 weeks before we even knew about Little Shit. Then it was another month (4 weeks) until we could get to East Texas and Kentucky to tell our parents in-person. So yeah, it’s flying by fast!!!!!!

3. mlevine3010 October 4, 2013 at 8:01 am - Reply

Yay ! coming down to the home stretch ! welcome to the third trimester 🙂

• Nicole October 4, 2013 at 8:50 am - Reply

Thank you! Oh my gosh, reality is setting in and Kamden will be here REAL SOON. =)

4. Samantha October 4, 2013 at 8:14 am - Reply

I WISH I was losing weight 🙁 I’m up 28 pounds and feel awful!

• Nicole October 4, 2013 at 8:53 am - Reply

Sweet Samantha, you were tiny to begin with. Me, on the other hand, I had plenty of weight to lose and I was majorly concerned about gaining an ounce just for Baby Kamden’s sake. My doctor has been thrilled and very supportive about my weight loss and I assure her every visit that I’m exercising safely and being smart about it. I still can’t believe I’m 28 weeks and going into my third and FINAL trimester. Where did the time go?!?!?!?! Eeeeeek. =)

5. Dawn October 4, 2013 at 8:53 am - Reply

We all can’t wait to cook and anything else you need…Kamden will not be lacking in “cousins, aunts and uncles” around here!

• Nicole October 4, 2013 at 8:59 am - Reply

Dawn, you’re too kind and precious! Kamden “Little Shit” won’t be lacking for ANYTHING or ANYBODY ….. geesh, this kid’s so rotten so soon!!!!!!!!!

6. twentyfiveseasons October 4, 2013 at 3:15 pm - Reply

You are such a super cutie. Congrats on the weight loss. You make me want to be preggers again. My baby is 11. It looks like Baby K will have lots of cousins to show him the ropes. Much love.

Sophia

• Nicole October 4, 2013 at 3:25 pm - Reply

Awwww, thank you Sophie! Baby Kamden is so spoiled and he’s not even here yet. I wish we lived closer to my crew in Kentucky, but I’m thankful for our family and friends in Texas. Big hugs to you!!!!

7. Jennifer Salter October 4, 2013 at 3:49 pm - Reply

Girl! You look amazing! And you know who to call if you want to do a maternity shoot 🙂 can’t wait to meet your little man!

• Nicole October 4, 2013 at 3:55 pm - Reply

Awww, thank you Jennifer! Baby Kamden is already spoiled rotten. Husband and I are blessed to have loving friends and family to surround our son. =)

8. Teresa Mccluskey October 5, 2013 at 11:45 am - Reply

I have baby fever also (here in Texas) I just love when they are tiny I am now a mother of a 1 yr old and soon to be 3 yr old but I want my baby!

• Nicole October 5, 2013 at 3:48 pm - Reply

awww Teresa, I’m sure your babies are precious. There’s nothing better than a baby asleep in your arms, I can’t wait for Kamden to get here so I can hold him forever!!!!!

9. Crystal October 23, 2013 at 1:02 pm - Reply

I remember all of those emotions all too well! Your baby bump is beyond adorable.

• Nicole October 23, 2013 at 2:19 pm - Reply

ohhhhhh Crystal, you are too kind!!!!!! Sending big hugs your way. =)