I bought a pregnancy test and peed on a stick.

Would you buy a positive pregnant test from a stranger?

Craigslist is full of them, no joke. Women in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex are selling their pee sticks with a positive sign for $5-$20 a pop, but prices are even higher in other cities. CNN recently aired this story about the bizarre merchandise.

craigslistpreg

With this revelation I did what any good citizen would do: I bought a pregnancy test (for a science experiment to “test” the accuracy of pregnancy test with entertainment value for my blog readers). For the record: I’ve NEVER purchased a pregnant test before yesterday. (Read this post about our pregnancy announcement, it was NOT traditional.) As soon as I got home with my legit pregnancy test, I ripped open the box and read the instructions. How complicated can peeing on a stick really be? I went to the bathroom, peed on the stick, and before I could even pull my knickers up lines started appearing. The box specifically said to wait between two and 10 minutes, but my stick was turning colors and showing symbols in a matter of seconds!

pregtest

CONCLUSION: This experiment was not as fun as I thought it would be. I set the timer on my not-so-fancy-schmancy-phone and I was ready for the roller-coaster of emotions waiting for the results to appear (which I assume women have during this life-changing experience). I didn’t no more pee on the stick and put the purple cover back on before the plus sign appeared. I got robbed TWICE — once by the ER doctor and again by an $8 pregnancy test. WHAT A CROCK! I knew going into this experiment what the result might be, especially since I’m currently 25 weeks pregnant and my belly bump is more like a hump. But I had to pee on a stick at least once in my life.

Does anybody want to buy my positive pregnancy test? I really don’t need it.

To my parents and in-laws, HAPPY GRANDPARENTS’ DAY — you’re Lil’ Shit of a Grandson is growing right along. He’s also been moving around this week!!!

2013

By | 2013-09-07T05:00:16+00:00 September 7th, 2013|Humor|0 Comments

1. ♥Jess♥ September 7, 2013 at 2:10 pm - Reply

Man, did I miss my calling…I should have made a market of positive pregnancy tests. LOL! I can’t believe people would want to buy those! I can sell negative ones!! 🙂

• Nicole September 7, 2013 at 7:12 pm - Reply

Can you believe this nonsense, Jess?!?!?! Somebody crazy enough to buy somebody else’s urine stick! EWWW!!!! LOL

2. Julie September 9, 2013 at 7:50 am - Reply

Let’s face it….anybody that buys a used positive pregnancy test is up to serious no good shenanigans!!!!!

• Nicole September 9, 2013 at 8:35 am - Reply

That’s a fact, Jack!!!!!!! So, Julie, are you up to some serious shenanigans and in the market for a (used) positive pregnancy test?!?! I can make you a great deal. =)

• Julie September 10, 2013 at 8:59 am - Reply

You have to know that this baby making machine has been permanently shut down, not to mention I am too old (and wise) to be engaging in any positive pregnancy test shenanigans. I will leave that to the crazies. Big hugs!

3. Sarah September 9, 2013 at 2:31 pm - Reply

When I was pregnant with Carter, I peed on like 6-10 sticks…I think I was in shock that it said I was pregnant. I even had Nick pee on one to make sure it was working! Then I took pics of them and sent them to my mom, dad, and Christy. Selling them would have been a great start to our baby fund!! 🙂 I need to keep this in mind if I ever have baby #3! Congrats again on the pregnancy!

• Nicole September 9, 2013 at 2:37 pm - Reply

You made Nick pee on a stick?!?! Ohh that’s hilarious. Considering I am five, almost six, months pregnant, I *HOPE* the test would say positive!!!!!!!

4. Nicole September 9, 2013 at 8:30 pm - Reply

Sounds like gals are trying to sucker in men so they won’t leave them…. Sad day these stupid women who not only sell them but buy them….

• Nicole September 9, 2013 at 10:04 pm - Reply

Nicole, I think you’re spot on …. so sad and most likely true too! =)

5. […] 3. A positive pregnancy test. […]

6. Lisa D September 29, 2013 at 8:22 pm - Reply

This is hilarious. Do you think anyone would want to buy negative pregnancy tests? I’m looking for ways to make up for lost income due to the roommate moving out. Maybe that’s it… Although, I wonder if you could just run the pregnancy test under the faucet or stick it in a Diet Coke to get a negative result. THAT’s an experiment worth $8.

• Nicole September 29, 2013 at 11:46 pm - Reply

Lisa, you of all people should give it a try and find out what “potion” works best. HAHAHAHAHA In my defense, if you need a positive test, I think I could just LOOK at the stick and it would turn blue and positive. I’ve never imagined the results would happen so quickly, it was quite disappointing to be honest. LOL

p.s. If anyone offers to buy my positive test, I’ll send you the proceeds. What are friends for?!?! =)