Conversation with Baby Daddy

Like any expecting mom, I’ve been looking at the childbirth and pregnancy-related classes offered at the hospital where I will give birth to Baby K. There is an extensive list of options so I recently asked Husband if he was interested in taking one (or a few) with me. This is the conversation that ensued between us:

Me: Do you want to go to any childbirth classes at the hospital?

Husband: (cutting his eyes at me) Why? What kind of topics do they cover? How much is it?

The one-time class is on a Saturday and it lasts all day, but it covers a lot of stuff.

Such as?

“Anatomy and physiology of the baby and birth process.”

Pee-pee or no pee-pee, I don’t need a class for this.

“Relaxation techniques.”

You won’t be relaxed. That’s not in your vocabulary.

“Role of labor support person.”

Who’s that? (long pause) Oh, is that me?! (laughing)

“Physical and emotional postpartum care.”

Peanut’s gonnaΒ suck your boob, sleep, and fill diapers.

I don’t like you right now.

That’s because you love me. (smile)

What about a tour of the hospital and maternity ward?

I know where the hospital is, we drive by it going to the doctor’s office. I’ll find the maternity ward eventually. Where’s the cafeteria? I might get hungry waiting on you.

This conversation is over. I’m done.

It’s so easy to drive you nuts.

By |2013-07-29T19:53:15+00:00July 29th, 2013|Humor|0 Comments

1. Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck July 29, 2013 at 7:54 pm - Reply

bahahaha πŸ˜‰

• Nicole July 29, 2013 at 7:55 pm - Reply

You know I’m not making this up …. YOU KNOW!!!!!

2. April July 29, 2013 at 8:14 pm - Reply

Are you sure we didn’t marry the same man? Or at least brothers? HAHA! Todd was this way all the way until I was IN labor. No lie. πŸ™‚

• Nicole July 29, 2013 at 8:15 pm - Reply

And we wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world ….. despite their ornery ways!!!!

3. Sharon Kloppers July 30, 2013 at 4:17 am - Reply

Hi Nicole,
    Been following your blog for a while now. I live in South Africa and a year ago, put together an online antenatal course especially for this reason – so many spouses find it awkward despite really needing to be educated before baba arrives.
    I have had a few American couples do my course – you might want to check it out http://www.justengage.co.za but there is a great Canadian course called Welcome to Parenting that offer great online courses too.
    It might be a solution for him even if you decided to ge to extra live classes at the hospital yourself.

4. Skye July 30, 2013 at 9:18 am - Reply

Too funny!

• Nicole July 30, 2013 at 9:29 am - Reply

Thanks!!!! Husband doesn’t think he’s being funny (which he’s not, he was 100% serious during this conversation) which makes it even funnier to me. I tried to keep a straight face through this, but failed miserably! =)

5. Jenn L July 30, 2013 at 9:54 am - Reply

Oh, geez!! πŸ™‚ I’m with him on the tour thing, though. With my last, we had never driven to the hospital or even driven by it until it was the middle of the night and I was in labor. πŸ˜‰ I’m glad we found it okay because by the time we got there, I was 8 cm. lol

• Nicole July 30, 2013 at 10:39 am - Reply

Oh my word, Jenn!!! Glad you made it to the hospital in time, but that’s cutting it real close. =)

6. Sarah @ How My World Runs July 30, 2013 at 1:12 pm - Reply

LOL… My husband is sarcastic just like yours! Good luck! πŸ™‚

• Nicole July 30, 2013 at 1:17 pm - Reply

Thank you, Sarah …… with husbands like ours, I’m going to need all the luck I can get. HAHAHAHA!!!!!

7. lovelylici1986 July 31, 2013 at 2:06 pm - Reply

Hahahahahaha. He’s hilarious.
    So I’ll wait to read about what he thought of the class he’s obviously taking with you. πŸ™‚

• Nicole July 31, 2013 at 2:11 pm - Reply

LOL I “threatened” to sign him up for DADDY BOOT CAMP but he really disliked that idea too. HAHAHAHA He is a mess. One of a kind, but definitely a mess.

8. […] would it be? I pick three ….. toured the Holy Land, announced my pregnancy, and had a funny conversation with my Baby […]