Sweet Tea Social

Texas Women Bloggers

If we were on my front porch drinking sweet tea, I’d tell you …

… I’m drinking decaf unsweet tea with fresh lemon slices instead.

… I wish more people would comment on this Q&A post. C’mon people, isn’t there something you want to know about/from me?!

… I had a blast at Kirsten’s photo shoot — she recently earned a black belt in Tae Kwon Do!

… I’ve lost 10 lbs since May 19. This pregnant mama-to-be is happy, happy, happy!

… my Honey Mustard Chicken + Vegetable Pasta recipe was featured at Texas Women Bloggers.

… I am taking the ESL exam this Saturday (July 27) but I’ve not been studying. #EpicFail.

… I had a fabulous trip to Oklahoma City last week. My Aunt Kathy was in town for a conference and I attended the banquet where she received a lifetime achievement award. We also toured the OKC National Memorial. Did you see my photos?

… Baby K is spoiled rotten. Last week, he/she received onesies from Aunt Kathy — one from the University of Kentucky and another from the University of Louisville. In Kentucky, we love our college basketball at an early age. In this case, 17 weeks in utero!

… Speaking of Baby K, the crib and mattress should be here soon. Thanks Grandpa Greg and Grandma Charlotte — they snuck a peek at the baby registry and decided to shop early!

… I met the surgeon my OB recommended and like him very much. He’s pleased with my weight loss and current diet and exercise regimen. As long as I have no symptoms related to gallstones, he’ll see me in three months. If everything goes well with labor and delivery, he plans to remove my gallbladder by March 2014.

… my favorite song right now is red-red-red-red-red-red-redneck by Blake Shelton.

… my favorite commercial is Geico’s with the HUMP DAY camel. It’s freakin’ awesome!

… Husband and I had a “double date” with Taylor and her husband last night. It was great to be with them, plus I’d not met Taylor’s husband before. Afterwards, Husband and I got fro-yo. He got chocolate and vanilla with peanuts while I opted for dairy-free strawberry lemonade with a big scoop of rainbow sprinkles. It’s the small things in life that excite me!

If we were on the front porch drinking tasty beverages, what would YOU tell me?

2013

By |2013-07-21T00:05:18+00:00July 21st, 2013|Uncategorized|0 Comments

1. lovelylici1986 July 21, 2013 at 12:43 pm - Reply

I love the Nissan commercial with the dancers. So great! There’s another that I really like, but it’s not coming to me right now. Blah!
    I LOVE iced tea. But sweet. 🙂 My great-grandmother used to make a big pitcher of it every Sunday, but now my aunt and cousin have taken over. It never tastes the same. Weird how no matter how you follow the recipe for certain things, they just won’t come out like the originals.
    HOORAY for the happy pregnancy and people spoiling Baby K! I hope people start spoiling you soon too. Everyone gets excited for Baby and Mommy is often forgotten for a little bit.
    OH! Are you doing a pregnancy photo shoot? Who will take the photos?

• Nicole July 21, 2013 at 12:51 pm - Reply

Well, this no sweet tea things really blows but I’m determined to lose weight and be as healthy as possible for Baby K. I’ve not had a sweet tea since May 19 and I’m only drinking decaf (unsweet) tea with fresh lemon and water. It’s an adjustment, but a good one. Husband has been spoiling me with trips to Qdoba (OMG the ancho-chile bbq sauce is sooo good ….. I could drink it with a straw!) and dairy-free ice cream. We had dinner with friends last night and we got frozen yogurt afterwards. I added rainbow sprinkles and you would’ve though I had won the lottery. It was so tasty!!!! I seriously doubt I’ll do a pregnancy photo shoot but I’m really considering having a photographer during labor/delivery if my doctor allows. FOR THE RECORD: I don’t want pictures of my business, but the facial expressions, the baby’s first breath, baby’s foot prints on the birth certificate, and others are really meaningful and those moments I want to remember forever. I have some inspiration ideas on my Pinterest board (*Baby K* ) that I really like. Before I commit, however, I must check with my OB and the hospital. I’ll keep you posted!!!!

• lovelylici1986 July 21, 2013 at 3:22 pm - Reply

That’s awesome! You have 9 months to form and stick to new, healthy, wonderful habits. You may never go back, Nicole!
        I’ve never heard of Qdoba. Must look it up now! Looove me some Mexican food!
        No preggo photos? Bummer. Maybe just do a tiny shoot? Just in case? I don’t like when people do the naked belly pix. I mean, they’re fine to take, but I would never post them on FB or blogs or anything. I think they should be kept private. *shrugs* That’s the (SUPER TINY) conservative streak in me, I guess. 😉
        Good luck with the doc agreeing. I hope you get clearance. Those would be great pictures to have. 🙂

2. Heatherbee July 21, 2013 at 5:53 pm - Reply

Wow, congratulations on the weight loss! And of course, congratulations on the little one as well. 🙂 I am sure that the onesies are just adorable.

Best of luck on your upcoming exam!

• Nicole July 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm - Reply

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

3. Tamara July 21, 2013 at 7:05 pm - Reply

That Hump Day Camel made me laugh so hard I cried the first time I saw it! And don’t worry about the ESL exam. I remember thinking I didn’t do well on it, but I passed. Just make sure you review the major theories and stuff about the BICS and CALPS and you’ll be fine (at least, I think they’re BICS and CALPS???) Congratulations on your new baby!! Parenthood is amazingly hard, but completely worth it!

Hopping over from the Sweet Tea Social!

• Nicole July 21, 2013 at 7:51 pm - Reply

I love that commercial! I’m definitely studying this week — more like cramming like I was in college! Thank you for visiting. =)

4. Resolution Update| July | Three 31 July 31, 2013 at 12:06 am - Reply

[…] The four of us had dinner July 20. host or co-host a link-up participate in a link-up once a month Sweet Tea Social on July 21 host a sponsored giveaway host or co-host a swap be a guest writer on someone’s […]