Front Porch + Sweet Tea

Texas Women BloggersHappy Monday! I am really excited about this post for several reasons: 1) it involves sweet tea (figuratively speaking); 2) I am officially an ambassador for Texas Women Bloggers representing the Prairies + Lakes Region; and 3) it’s just plain fun to sit on our front porch with a Mason jar full of sweet tea and socialize. C’mon, join me for some small talk!

If you were here, and we were sitting on the porch, I’d first hand you a Mason jar filled with sweet tea. If you don’t drink tea, Husband will share his Dr. Pepper 10. Tap water is also available. If these three options don’t suit your fancy, bring your own damn beverage!

Then, if we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d apologize because the porch is a hot mess. It’s not very inviting at the moment. See?

porch

Yes, the grill is on the front porch. The green chairs are stacked and the reclining chaise needs a good power-washing. The flower pots are empty, the rug is misplaced. This is a sad, sad picture.

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you that Husband sprayed this super-duper-awesome bug spray around the house and there are dead bugs everywhere. Including a scorpion! WOO HOO! Now that I know this stuff works, I’m considering buying it by the truckload. I’ll do anything to get rid of those damn scorpions!

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you that my 24-year-old cousin, B, left Louisville, Kentucky last week en route to Afghanistan. He’ll spend a couple weeks in New Jersey before his group (I don’t know the proper military jargon, sorry) heads overseas. I’m praying for him. I want him to stay safe and return home as quickly as possible.

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you that I applied for several full-time teaching jobs at schools nearby and I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you I miss Rev. L. She’s been reassigned to another United Methodist Church in Central Texas, which means Joshua is getting a new senior pastor. It’s a difficult transition, at least for me, but I’m anxious to meet the new pastor. I’m also excited for L’s promotion, she deserves it.

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you that school is almost over for summer break. As excited as the students are, multiply that by a gabillion and that’s my level of excitement! This Friday, I am going on the 8th grade field trip to a bowling alley and arcade facility. Sweet Jesus, am I crazy or what?!

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you that several language arts teachers are having dinner and watching The Great Gatsby next Friday evening. I’m confident alcoholic fruity beverages will be consumed … at least by Yours Truly. HA! =)

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you I’m co-hosting the Preview To Summer Blogger Book Swap with Kimberly. She’s the bee’s knees and I love her to pieces, not to mention she’s the most awesome and organized busy person I’ve ever met! This week, I’m hosting a link-up about judging books by their covers. Are you guilty?

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you Husband went to the post office last Friday to mail several packages for me. It was a thoroughly stressful experience for him. He said, “The lady behind the counter asked me too many questions. I told her that my wife was sending books to her friends. I don’t know nothing else.” Poor guy, what a trooper though!!!

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you that my patience is waning for Entwined With You, the third book in the Crossfire Series by Sylvia Day. I read books one and two (similar to 50 Shades) last July. When I tried to purchase the third book, Amazon said it would be released June 4, 2013. What the hell?! I’ve waited for this damn book almost an entire year! My Inner Goddess and I do not approve of delayed gratification!

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d ask if you need a refill of sweet tea.

If we were drinking tea on the porch, I’d tell you to join Texas Women Bloggers and participate in the Sweet Tea Social too. Just imagine yourself on the front porch drinking sweet tea with your best friends and talking about your week. What would you share with them? Which post would you tell them about? We want you to share your favorite post from the past week by linking up.

2013

By |2013-05-13T00:01:05+00:00May 13th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry May 13, 2013 at 5:48 am - Reply

I’d reply that the movie is good and stays more than 90% true to the novel. This English teacher approves. You will enjoy. I’d want a shot of peach Schnapps in my tea, thank you kindly!

Good luck on the hunt. Haven’t seem you enough lately…

• Nicole May 13, 2013 at 6:57 am - Reply

Mmm, peach Schnapps. Have you tried Sweet Tea Vodka? It’s quite splendid and makes an awesome John Daly (tea, lemonade, vodka). =)

2. Teresa Dawn May 13, 2013 at 10:32 am - Reply

I love tea, but only hot haha! (Then again I only drink juice hot too… I’m just weird like that!) I’ve never heard of “sweet tea” but I’m not Texan, I’m Canadian, and way to go to your hubby! Post offices DO ask a load of questions haha!

• Nicole May 13, 2013 at 3:28 pm - Reply

WHOAAAAAAAAA, you’ve never heard of sweet tea?! What?! Seriously, get your sweet little self to Texas and I will love you, hug you, feed you, and hydrate you with so much sweet tea you’ll be saying “y’all” before you return to Canada. Bless your heart, we must get you some sweet tea! I just can’t imagine the thought. It really breaks my soul. Please fix this. Now. LOL Blessings + Hugs …. and lots of sweet tea!

3. Regina @ Free2BMe May 13, 2013 at 1:15 pm - Reply

I will need to make some “sweet tea” to bring to Wisconsinites. It’ll be the “hot tea” version as I am from Georgia. Thank you for making me laugh and you are right about Kimberly – since I’ve known her, she’s been a stand up gal, doing almost everything and doing it well.

Poor hubby, don’t you doubt his love for you!

• Nicole May 13, 2013 at 3:29 pm - Reply

I’m inviting the entire blogging universe to my house for sweet tea. Y’all come on over, I’ve got plenty to share! Kimberly is a doll and I love that girl to pieces, I could squeeze her and love her until the cows come home! As for Husband, he is definitely loved and appreciated and I’ll tell him a million more times how thankful I am he went to post office for me. HA – it was quite the experience for him last Friday. =)

4. Randomness With Rachel May 13, 2013 at 3:33 pm - Reply

I just found this blog link up and I’m so excited about it! I love it!! BTW, I wouldn’t mind a glass of sweet tea or Dr Pepper, I love both!! 🙂 I’m so excited about some of the other link ups. Looking forward to meeting new bloggers!! 🙂 I am guilty about judging a book by the cover. BUT I try to at least read the description (even if I don’t like the cover!) I’m a book nerd!

Have a great day!! 🙂

• Nicole May 13, 2013 at 3:51 pm - Reply

Hi Rachel and welcome to my blog, Three 31, where the tea is always sweet and served with a smile. =) Seriously, if you’re thirsty or hungry, c’mon over. I hope you subscribe to my blog and follow me on social media, I can’t promise to always be on my best behavior but I always have fun! Blessings + Hugs. =)

5. Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck May 13, 2013 at 4:18 pm - Reply

Love your post, girly!!! 🙂 And I still need to come drink sweet tea with you…hurry up and get the porch in ship-shape. 😉 Oh and maybe some skeeter go-away candles. 😉 So we can be uninterrupted. 😉

• Nicole May 13, 2013 at 4:37 pm - Reply

HAHAHAHA It’s a deal. Nicole’s to-do list: get the porch in presentable shape; buy skeeter go-away candles (that’s freakin’ hilarious); and brew some fresh sweet tea. You are so precious. Love you!!!!

6. gayle (@graceforgayle) May 14, 2013 at 11:23 am - Reply

Your front porch is ginormous! That is all. 🙂

xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

• Nicole May 14, 2013 at 11:53 am - Reply

That’s what she said. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry, I could NOT help myself. Yes, the porch is huge. I love it, except we hardly ever use it …. except too grill. LOL