Feeling Lucky?

008

Bloggers are beautiful people. Not only do they have beautiful blogs, write beautiful posts, and take beautiful pictures, but look at us … bloggers are smoking HOT!!!!

Since February, I’ve been planning the 2013 Dallas/Fort Worth Blogger Spring Meet Up. As soon as I had a date, I contacted Lucky Strike Bowling Alley and Brownstone Kitchen in Fort Worth. Both establishments were wonderful to work with and each provided excellent service. In fact, our entire group enjoyed two hours of unlimited bowling (including the oh-so-posh clown shoes) for free and our waiter at Brownstone brought us bubbly beverages to “toast” our evening!

Our evening began at Lucky Strike and, for the record, there are tons of pictures of us bowling but you will not find them here. I do not want pictures of my backside floating around the World Wide Web, so I won’t publish pictures of others’ booties either. But we did have lots of fun, and drank delicious fruity beverages doing it.

berrybasilsmash

Some bloggers had Lady Luck on their side and got a couple of strikes, but there are others in this group who will NOT be invited to the Professional Bowlers Association. In the spirit of hospitality and offering the talented and not-so-talented a prize, let me introduce you to the winner-winner-chicken-dinners!

beckyholli

Becky — The Java Mama —Lowest Bowling Score Champion
Holli — Holli’s Hoots and Hollers — Most Gutter Balls Champion
Are these the happiest losers you’ve ever seen or what?!

sarahhelene

Sarah — A Dash of Sarah — Highest Scoring Bowler
Helene — Helene In Between — Most 10 Pins Champion

001

As hostess, I focused a lot on making sure every person felt welcome and had a pleasant experience. I tried to greet each person as they arrived at the bowling alley and I wanted everybody to go home with a gift and handwritten thank-you note. Instead of traditional place cards on the table, I put each person’s card on their plate. It was by no means fancy or decorative, but it served a purpose.

In the spirit of hospitality, several bloggers and business owners provided “swag” for gift bags.

now

Kelli — NOW (No One Without) — canvas tote bags
Lucy — Mary Kay — gift sets
Sarah — Scentsy— warmer + fragrance bars
Jennifer — Homespun Happiness — hand warmers for coffee mugs
Kendra — Simply DARRling — homemade hair ties
Rebecca — Kiki La Rue — infinity scarves
Sushi Yoko — two gift certificates
Taylor — Pink Heels Pink Truck — handmade note cards

013

Rebecca is an adorable spit fire and fine as frog hair. I call her Wonder Woman, but most people know her as Busy Becka. Besides running a household and taking care of her family, she owns and operates Kiki La Rue, an online retailer of clothes and fashion accessories. We were meant to be friends … she has big boobs and cusses like a sailor! Love that girl. =)

015

Attending social events for bloggers, at least to me, is important. The networking opportunities are great and I love to meet new people. I considered it a blessing to have met seven new bloggers at this meet up, including Helene and Gayle.

014

Attending blogger events also allows the opportunity to reconnect with those I already know and love, including Taylor and Sarah. These two petite princess (seriously, they are so tiny!) are cutie-patooties and I love them to pieces!

The Official List of Attendees
Marci @ Living Through Motherhood
Holli @ Holli’s Hoots and Hollers
Julie @ A Beautiful Day
Helene @ Helene In Between
Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck
Nicole @ Three 31

I’ll end this post with my favorite picture. The private room inside The Brownstone was too dark, so we went outside for our last group shot. I love that everybody’s holding their swag bag full of goodies, Taylor looks like the paparazzi holding multiple cameras, and our waiter is inside the restaurant photo-bombing us!!!!!!

group

2013

By | 2013-04-29T00:02:57+00:00 April 29th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. pnkheelspnktrk April 29, 2013 at 12:08 am - Reply

You forgot to mention my swag 😉 And yes, that last picture you can literally see on my face this caption “omg I don’t know what to do with these cameras..” lol

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 6:46 am - Reply

I added your “swag” to the list, I obviously had a brain fart while creating this post! I’m going to start calling you Miss Paparazzi, I love that picture!!!!!!

2. rebecca April 29, 2013 at 12:09 am - Reply

love this! minus the cussing part! hahah trash mouth woman. oh and my face looks like a mocha mushroom but i havent eaten all day so hopefully that helps!

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 6:48 am - Reply

Oh Becka, you + I use “colorful” words to elaborate our already-amazing stories!!!!!!! I love you to pieces, woman, thanks so much for joining our party, being my “date” and providing extra goodies for the ladies to take home. You. Are. Wonderful. =)

3. Celeste Zachry April 29, 2013 at 6:02 am - Reply

I looks like y’all had great fun! I should become a blogger just to go to your events!!

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 6:48 am - Reply

You should definitely become a blogger, but only if you want to. Besides, you’ll have to go with me sometime. You would love this group!!!!!

4. Julie April 29, 2013 at 8:29 am - Reply

Nicole, Thank you so much for planning such a great get together (and for not sharing our asses – in my case a serious wide load). You thought of every detail and it was a really fun evening! I vote you plan the next one! ; ) Also, thanks for the name of that author – that is going to be my treat to myself when I finally get the disaster that is my garage finished. Love Ya Bunches, Girl! BIG HUGS!!!!

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 8:35 am - Reply

You are so welcome, thank YOU for coming and joining the fun. I really want to do something this summer, at least once or twice. I love you ladies!!!!!

5. rainydayinmay April 29, 2013 at 8:46 am - Reply

How fun! What an awesome opportunity! Kinda sad I don’t live in Texas!

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 8:52 am - Reply

Move to Texas and join our parties!!!!! Seriously, we have so much fun. This is a GREAT group of bloggers!!!!

6. Heather Buen (@dallassinglemom) April 29, 2013 at 10:21 am - Reply

I love this!!!! The photography is excellent. Who took the top photograph? I’m totally linking to this!

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 10:39 am - Reply

HA Heather, the top photograph was taken by one of the bartenders at Lucky Strike ….. it is a great photo though!!!! I had so much fun and I’m glad you came, we have to get together again real soon. =)

7. hollihd April 29, 2013 at 11:04 am - Reply

YOU did an AWESOME job on hosting this get together and it was a lot of fun!! Do you mind if i borrow some of the pics for my post? I didnt have a camera with me so no pics.
    I’m loving my swag too!!

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 1:23 pm - Reply

Holli, thank you so much for the sweet words and joining us Saturday. I’m glad you could make it, I had a WONDERFUL time too. Please use my pictures and re-post, the more the merrier!!! BIG HUGS =)

8. […] Not only did the bloggers and I have a great time bowling, we also took an awesome group photo with event highlights by Nicole that you can see here! […]

9. A Dash of Sarah April 29, 2013 at 12:19 pm - Reply

Love this! You did such a great job coordinating this get together, and an equally amazing job reviewing it on your blog! I seriously can’t help but smile when I look at all the photos and think about that night. It was so much fun!

I love love love the first pic of us in the group! If you wouldn’t mind would it be possible to put it on my blog with attribution to you and a link over to yours and Taylor and anyone else’s reviews of the meet up? As my site was down and I didn’t have my camera, I won’t be reviewing the event myself, but I’d love to direct my readers to y’all!

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 1:24 pm - Reply

Sarah, thank you so much for the sweet words! I’m so glad you were able to join us and I hope you had half as much fun as I did. We have to do this more often, I love being with all of you lovely ladies! Please use my photos as you wish, the more the merrier. Enjoy that colorful “Sprummer” wreath too. BIG HUGS!!!!! =)

10. dancingwithashley April 29, 2013 at 12:40 pm - Reply

Nicole!!! What an AWESOME night!! And slightly jealous that Texas has Helene and we don’t!! 🙂 We have a pretty posh bowling place around here…I just might have to run with that idea for a future meet up.

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 1:28 pm - Reply

Ashley, please move to Texas half the year!!!! Seriously, you are welcome to my home anytime (front porch + sweet tea included) and we’ll get together with these lovely ladies who blog. We have so much fun when we’re together. As for Helene, she is a doll. Love that girl!

If you want to host a bowling party, I recommend contacting the local establishment and asking the manager to waive all lane and shoe rental fees. It was no-questions-asked when I contacted Lucky Strike. The manager was WONDERFUL to work with and we didn’t pay a dime, of course all of the bloggers who participated are blasting their brand name on their blog too. Everybody was responsible for paying for their own food and drinks though, which I think is only fair and the easiest too. As hostess, I did not want to deal with money.

Big hugs to you, friend, love you bunches!!!!!

11. helenesula April 29, 2013 at 6:32 pm - Reply

it was such a fun time, thanks again for all you did!! the pictures are awesome!!

• Nicole April 29, 2013 at 9:13 pm - Reply

Helene, I’m so glad you were able to make it and enjoyed yourself. We must make these gatherings a regular thing, they’re so much fun and I love seeing all the lovely ladies, especially YOU. Big hugs! =)

12. […] RELATED meet 5 bloggers in person DFW Bloggers’ Spring Meet Up was Saturday, April 27 in Fort Worth, hosted by Yours Truly =) build relationships with […]

13. […] Nicole from Three 31 […]

14. caption this! | Three 31 May 1, 2013 at 7:32 am - Reply

[…] photo has appeared from the DFW Bloggers Spring Meet Up and I am 1) concerned, 2) scared, and 3) laughing […]