warm fuzzies

Dear Mrs. H,

Thank you so much for all your hard work this year. I am so thankful to have had you as my language arts teacher this year. I couldn’t have come this far without you.

You are an amazing teacher and friend. I love coming into your class everyday because, no matter what, I always learn something new.

You have helped me succeed, and I couldn’t thank you enough for that.

You are awesome!

Sincerely,
L.E.

p.s. Keep in touch, I know I’m going to need your help in high school!

By | 2013-04-27T00:34:35+00:00 April 27th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. Julie April 27, 2013 at 6:57 am - Reply

Your student’s kind words do not surprise me one little bit….how awesome that your 8th grade student would put it in writing!!!!! You are changing the world one student at a time. Great job!!!!!

• Nicole April 27, 2013 at 7:19 am - Reply

Thanks, Julie! There are days when I feel like an over-educated babysitter, then a note like this comes along and makes it all better. What an end to a blah-blah week of testing and listening to toilets flush while on “doodie” duty — this definitely puts a smile on one’s face!

2. Celeste Zachry April 27, 2013 at 7:12 am - Reply

Being in this OFTEN thankless profession (society, parents, paycheck, etc) these are the little things that keep us going!

• Nicole April 27, 2013 at 7:21 am - Reply

You are so right, Celeste ….. there are days, moments, when I want to throw in the towel and leave the crazy profession of teaching, and then I have this jewel of a student in my classroom every day. Definitely worth the stress, anxiety, frustration, and long hours. =)

3. rainydayinmay April 27, 2013 at 7:37 am - Reply

Very sweet!!!!

• Nicole April 27, 2013 at 7:42 am - Reply

Thank you! This sweet comment from a student makes a stress-filled week all better. =)

4. Angela Cumbie April 27, 2013 at 9:25 am - Reply

Yes you have done a wonderful job!! I myself have enjoyed having you at school and keep up with your blog. Such a nice note from L. E. I might just know who that is! So wonderful to hear you made a difference in her life!

• Nicole April 27, 2013 at 9:34 am - Reply

Angela, thank you so much! You are an important reason I enjoy working at HMS so much, and sweet notes like these make the long days worth it. Blessings + Hugs, my friend. =)