Three Favorite Reads // Blogger Book Swap

Oh, The Places You’ll Go Dr.Seuss
I have loved this book for as long as I can remember.
It’s a classic to read over and over again!

You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have the speed.
You’ll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly, you’ll be best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.
Except when you don’t.
Because, sometimes, you won’t.

drseuss

The Help — Kathryn Stockett
In 2009, after leaving a career in corporate marketing and business development, I situated myself on the couch in front of a very tall stack of books I had wanted to read for four years, but never had the time. It was during this time I read The Help. I love Stockett’s writing and witty language, plus her likeable (and not-so-likeable) characters. I’ve read The Help at least three times.

You is kind.
You is smart.
You is important.

thehelp

The Organic God — Margaret Feinberg
In 2006, Aunt G gave me her copy of The Organic God because she had finished reading it and thought I’d like it. She was correct. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I wrote a note to Margaret Feinberg. Weeks later, she replied. When Margaret came to Fort Worth for a TV show appearance, she invited me to the studio. Since 2009, I’ve attended every show, conference, and ministry event Margaret has been a part of in Texas. I am also blessed to call Margaret and her husband, Leif, friends. Their cutie-patootie poodle, Hershey, is my furry friend. =)

While it’s a word usually associated with food grown without chemical-based fertilizers or pesticides, organic is also used to describe a lifestyle: simple, healthful, and close to nature.
Deep down inside I still hunger for a true, pure relationship with the Organic God — the One True God. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. In him is found the mysterious wonder of the Trinity. He is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

marg

What are three of your favorite books?

2013

By |2013-04-20T00:01:15+00:00April 20th, 2013|Blogger Book Swap|0 Comments

1. Alan April 21, 2013 at 9:24 pm - Reply

Three of my favorite books would be:

1. The Complete Julian of Norwich, translation by Fr. John-Julian.
    2. The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
    3. Paradise Lost by John Milton.

• Nicole April 21, 2013 at 9:29 pm - Reply

Very interesting. I just read the synopsis of each on Amazon — and purchased Paradise Lost. Do you have a paper-copy of The Complete Julian of Norwich that I could borrow? They are all very intriguing. Thanks for lunch today, too. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anybody that you can be nice. =)

2. Kimberly Erskine (@KimberlyErsk1ne) April 21, 2013 at 11:19 pm - Reply

The Organic God sounds incredibly interesting and your first two are favorites of mine as well 🙂 Thanks for sharing love and keep on being that rock star 🙂

• Nicole April 22, 2013 at 6:50 am - Reply

Kimberly, you’ve given me an idea for your swap gift. Thanks! The Organic God is fabulous, well, I think ALL of Margaret’s books are fabulous but The Organic God is what got me connected to Margaret and, eventually, blossomed into a friendship. I’m forever grateful. Blessings + Hugs. =)

3. Helen (@EatEnjoyLive) April 22, 2013 at 12:34 am - Reply

I’m really intrigued by The Organic God. I think I may have to make a purchase.

• Nicole April 22, 2013 at 6:53 am - Reply

Helen, you will NOT be disappointed in The Organic God. Because I am a nature lover, farmer’s daughter, and my Dad makes homemade wine, my favorite book by Margaret is Scouting the Divine. She spends extended periods of time with a shepherd, beekeeper, and vintner exploring Scriptures and applying modern occupations and applications to the Divine Word of God. It’s spectacular! As I’ve said many, many times, I love ALL of Margaret’s books. There isn’t a single one I’ve not read and enjoyed. Blessings + Hugs. =)

4. Maria Vicente (@MsMariaVicente) April 22, 2013 at 5:52 am - Reply

I love that you’ve included a spot for Dr. Seuss. I loved all of his books as a child (and they’re still fun to read now)!

• Nicole April 22, 2013 at 6:55 am - Reply

Hey Maria! What’s a book list without Dr.Seuss?! I thought seriously about including Green Eggs & Ham, but decided Oh, The Places You’ll Go would be better. I remember dressing up in red and white stripe hats and celebrating Dr.Seuss’ birthday with my first grade class. We even ate green eggs and ham! I made my local TV debut when the news station sent a camera crew to my school and documented the event. What great fun, and we were so adorable!!!!

5. Nina (@Running_Nina) April 22, 2013 at 9:42 pm - Reply

Dr Seuss! I get to listen to my boyfriend read them when it’s bed time for his son. And I love listening to him read them. 🙂

The Help was wonderful! Haven’t seen the movie yet, but plan on it soon. 🙂

Nina

• Nicole April 22, 2013 at 9:49 pm - Reply

Oh Nina, I loved The Help movie, the book was excellent and the movie made it even better. I love that your guy is reading Dr.Seuss, that’s awesome!!!!!

6. angieeatspeace April 23, 2013 at 1:03 pm - Reply

The Help is one of my favorites! It was so hard for me to narrow it down to my top 3, check out my newest post for my list.

7. Kristen Alexis April 23, 2013 at 7:10 pm - Reply

GREAT choices. I wish we could have a ‘top 3 favorite children’s book’ link-up! Because I could easily pick 3 of those. But I still love ‘The Places You Will Go’. Great pic!!

• Nicole April 23, 2013 at 7:14 pm - Reply

Awww, thank you Kristen. Blessings + Hugs =)

8. […] in a link-up once a month Oh-So-Pinteresting Sunday Social with Neely @ A Complete Waste of Makeup; Favorite Books for Blogger Book Swap; and All About Me link-up prior to DFW Bloggers’ Spring Meet Up host a […]