Natalie Merchant

Recently, I had the opportunity to attend a concert featuring Natalie Merchant with the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra at Bass Hall in Fort Worth with my friend and blog buddy, Julie.

julienicolebasshall

The evening was amazing. Natalie’s voice is unique, very soulful, sultry even. She performed songs that the audience recognized immediately and the acoustics inside Bass Hall are like no other. As much as I love listening to an orchestra, and Natalie’s performance with the FWSO was great, I thought the encore was spectacular. She stood on stage, with a guitarist and pianist, and performed without formality. By the end, more than three dozen audience members were next to the stage, sharing the microphone and singing with Natalie!

Wonder by Natalie Merchant

These Are The Days by Natalie Merchant

2013

By | 2013-04-15T00:03:52+00:00 April 15th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. driveisrael April 15, 2013 at 4:59 am - Reply

Natalie Merchant is superb. Check out her TED presentation. Unfortunately she has not appeared in Israel yet…

• Nicole April 15, 2013 at 6:53 am - Reply

Despite being very sick (bronchitis and pneumonia), Natalie put on a SUPERB show! I was only familiar with a few songs, but I still enjoyed the performance. I hope she gets to Israel soon!

2. Neely April 15, 2013 at 8:59 am - Reply

HOW FUN!!!!

• Nicole April 15, 2013 at 9:12 am - Reply

Neely, the evening was fantastic!!!!! I highly recommend the Bass Hall, it’s such a beautiful facility and the accoustics are AMAZING!!!!!!!!

3. Julie April 15, 2013 at 9:12 am - Reply

Thank you, again sweet Nicole!!!! It was such a fun night and what a treat right in the middle of a hectic move! Hugs, Julie

• Nicole April 15, 2013 at 9:15 am - Reply

You are sooooo welcome, thank YOU for joining me!!!!! We have to get together more often, hectic moving or not! BIG HUGS. =)

4. Holli April 15, 2013 at 11:05 am - Reply

What a great night! Natalie Merchant is so awesome and a great performer. I didnt even know she was in the DFW area. Looks like y’all had a blast. 2 beautiful ladies on a beautiful night!

• Nicole April 15, 2013 at 11:16 am - Reply

awww thanks Holli, you’re so sweet. Julie and I had a fabulous time together. Dinner was delicious (Mi Cocina has some of the greatest guacamole on the planet, not to mention fruity beverages!!!) and the concert was SUPERB. We have to get together sometime for a girls’ night. I miss seeing your precious face. =)

5. rainydayinmay April 17, 2013 at 9:24 am - Reply

what an absolutely awesome experience! Seriously!

• Nicole April 17, 2013 at 9:27 am - Reply

Thanks so much, the concert plus FWSO in Bass Hall was amazing! Plus, I had a lovely lady to enjoy the concert with me. Julie is another DFW Blogger and I love her so much. We ate dinner at Mi Cocina prior to the show and ate the most delicious guacamole and sipped fruity beverages!!!!

6. […] TO SEE a performance at Bass Hall concert featuring Natalie Merchant with the Fort Worth Symphony on April 13 a midnight movie premiere movie at a drive-in theater college football game professional […]

7. […] TO SEE a performance at Bass Hall Julie and I saw Natalie Merchant in concert. a midnight movie premiere Fail. movie at a drive-in theater Fail. college football game […]