Movie Marathon

How was your weekend?

Husband and I were lazy and non-productive. We left the house Saturday long enough to run a few errands (Husband went to Lowe’s and the feed store while I got my hair cut and went to the grocery) and eat lunch. Saturday night, we grilled burgers and watched the Louisville + Wichita State and Michigan + Syracuse basketball games. As a Kentucky girl, I’m really proud of the Louisville team and hope they bring home the championship. By the way, I picked Louisville to win the tournament. In fact, Louisville is the only team keeping my bracket alive.

Sunday morning, after church, I stopped at a Redbox kiosk. Husband and I spent the rest of the day (and evening) watching Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, and Argo.

Have you seen these movies? What did you think?

I was most excited to watch Lincoln as I had wanted to see it when it first arrived in theaters, but the other two movies surprised me. I did not expect to enjoy them as much as I did. Perhaps it has something to do with the romantic, suspense-filled book series I recently finished about Special Op military heroes. Just like the movies we watched today, the books had happy endings too.

2013

By |2013-04-08T02:00:03+00:00April 8th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. Terrie April 8, 2013 at 4:02 am - Reply

Hi!

I enjoy getting your emails, thank you!!

Just curious about the series of books you just finished reading about special op heroes, would you mind sharing the titles?

Thank you, have a blessed day! Terrie

Sent from Terrie’s iPhone

• Nicole April 8, 2013 at 6:50 am - Reply

Terrie, the author is Lisa Marie Rice. Thanks for reading my blog. Have a great week! Blessings + Hugs.

2. My Life As... April 8, 2013 at 5:35 am - Reply

I really want to see all three of those movies!

• Nicole April 8, 2013 at 6:51 am - Reply

Brianne, they are all really great … and all award winners too. You won’t be disappointed!!!

3. Alyssa April 8, 2013 at 7:55 am - Reply

Argo was so good! And we were just about to start Lincoln or Zero Dark Thirty Friday night til we realized they were over 2 and a half hours long and it was already 8 o’clock. There’s no way I would have made it through them!

• Nicole April 8, 2013 at 7:57 am - Reply

Alyssa, you’re right about Argo! I have to say, though, despite ZDT and Lincoln being fairly long movies, they are totally worth it. I was really surprised that I enjoyed them all, because I’m usually browsing blogs or Pinterest in the middle of movie nights!!!

4. Julie April 8, 2013 at 10:46 am - Reply

I haven’t seen Lincoln yet, but have seen the other two. They were both great movies, but I loved Zero Dark Thirty. I was a little hesitant to watch it because I saw her first movie “the Hurt Locker” and had a really hard time following it. I was pleasantly surprised and was hooked in the first few minutes!

• Nicole April 8, 2013 at 10:50 am - Reply

I enjoyed ZDT not only for the story, but I love Jessica Chastain, the actress who played the lead CIA agent. I loved her in The Help too. She’s a great actress and has a beautiful smile. =)

5. Jen Pace April 8, 2013 at 12:07 pm - Reply

i liked Argo and ZDT but i fell asleep during Lincoln! My favorites were Django Unchained, Life of Pi, and The Impossible

• Nicole April 8, 2013 at 12:22 pm - Reply

I have not seen Django, Life of Pie or The Impossible. I’m always so behind on movies!!! When we finished watching these last night, Husband joked and said, “Well, we’ve now seen the movies everybody was talking about months ago!” hahahaha

6. Mariajose April 9, 2013 at 12:35 pm - Reply

I watched Argo and loved it! I don’t think I would be able to watch the other two though, not sure why.

• Nicole April 9, 2013 at 1:16 pm - Reply

Lincoln is one of my favorite U.S. presidents to study, along with Washington, Jefferson and Jackson. I thought the movie (Abraham Lincoln) was fabulous!

7. rainydayinmay April 10, 2013 at 11:12 am - Reply

I am always up for Oscar movie marathons and those were good choices. The only thing about Lincoln that I didn’t like was the use of the F word. It felt very forced and unrealistic for the time period and circumstances…

ZDT is so good! Argo was too, but I really loved ZDT!

• Nicole April 10, 2013 at 11:20 am - Reply

I like how you say Oscar movie marathon ….. Husband reminded me of that after watching these films and we laughed because we’re always behind on movies! I honestly don’t remember the F-word much, but definitly G-damn, which always make me cringe. ZDT and Argo were fantastic!!!!!