The Big Reveal {blogger book swap}

Oh hey, this is my 200th post. Yay, go me.

simplicity_bookswap

Do you remember when I shared that I was co-hosting a bloggers’ book swap? If not, my handwritten post looked something like this:

book1

photo simplicity_intro_zpsf103dd0d.jpg The bloggers’ book swap is the brain child of Kimberly, a lovely lady living in Wisconsin with her handsome husband and precious pooch. As much as she enjoys blogging, she’s even more crazy about literature and decorating her home with projects inspired by Pinterest. We all know … anyone who likes to read and surf Pinterest is a winner-winner-chicken-dinner in my book! Seriously, Kimmie is one of the sweetest lady you’ll ever meet. I’m so glad she let me be a co-host for this bloggers’ event.

Kimberly, thank you for the opportunity, you’re a doll!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

ericaFast forward a few weeks and let me introduce you to my blogger book swap partner: Erica. She, too, is adorable and smart and talented and a fellow book nerd. She also lives and works in one of my favorite cities: Washington, D.C. When she’s not reading or blogging or drinking fruity drinks with the girls, she’s shooting big guns. See, I told you we were meant to be friends!

When it came time to ship our books, Erica and I were on the same page with our fun and unique envelopes. I sent her books in a colorful striped envelope and she sent my gifts this lovely Snoopy envelope. You can’t help but smile when you look at this packaging!!!!!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

envelopesmall

Please excuse my hair. It was windy. This also explains why I’m always wearing sunglasses on top of my head: to keep my WINGS under control. It looks as if I’m about to take off.

Inside the card, Erica wrote:

Nicole, it was great to be your book swap buddy. Enjoy your reading! xo, Erica

nicolebookssmall

Erica is super generous because she sent me two books, instead of one. She did her research beforehand and knew exactly what I enjoyed reading. Inside each book was a personalized note:

THE GUARDIAN ~ Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors. This book isn’t like most of his others. It’s actually a thriller with a love story thrown in. I hope you like it!

SOUTHERN COMFORTS ~ You said you LOVED “50 Shades” so I tried finding you a romance novel. This one sounded good, especially since you are a Southern gal. Enjoy!

I am definitely happy with Erica’s selections. She did well and I hope she enjoys what I sent to her. If you participated in the book swap, add your post link —> HERE.

Regardless of the book swap, what book(s) are you reading right now?

2013

By |2013-01-28T00:05:25+00:00January 28th, 2013|Blog|0 Comments

1. Margaret Feinberg January 28, 2013 at 1:07 pm - Reply

Nicole, thank you for the suggestions!

• Nicole January 28, 2013 at 3:55 pm - Reply

You are welcome, Margaret —— I’ve given several participants of the “book swap” your titles as suggestions too. I’m sharing the wealth of blessings and letting others be #WONDERSTRUCK. (insert cheesy grin).

2. Nicole January 28, 2013 at 1:32 pm - Reply

Looks like good/fun reads!

I’m reading Under the Table – Saucy tales from culinary school by Katherine Darling 🙂

• Nicole January 28, 2013 at 3:20 pm - Reply

Hey Nicole! I’m looking forward to reading these books …. and anything culinary or food-related piques my interest. YUM!

3. emusyt January 29, 2013 at 9:04 am - Reply

I’m so glad that you like the books I sent you. I posted mine today on my blog! Yay for books buddies!

• Nicole January 29, 2013 at 10:34 am - Reply

Hey Erica!!! I’m so glad you liked what I sent, I know you’ll enjoy reading them all. I think it’s hilarious that we both sent our goodies in adorable envelopes … great minds think alike! Big hugs to you, Friend. 🙂

Nicole

4. mskristiina January 31, 2013 at 5:09 pm - Reply

This looks so fun!

• Nicole January 31, 2013 at 6:30 pm - Reply

Kristina, the book swap was LOTS of fun. You should join the party next time. 🙂

5. bobbi February 4, 2013 at 6:09 am - Reply

Nicholas Sparks usually isn’t my cup of tea, but that sounds like an interesting departure from his norm! I’ll have to check it out! Enjoy your reading, this was a great book swap! <3

6. Lesley February 6, 2013 at 2:59 pm - Reply

I love this post! And your handwritten post! hehe. I read the Guardian years ago and it was great! SO nice that your partner sent you two books!

7. Logan Cantrell February 7, 2013 at 9:44 am - Reply

You got so creative with this. I love it! I have been reading Nora Robert’s ‘The Inn Boonsboro’ trilogy. They are really good books as well. Have a great week. 🙂

• Nicole February 7, 2013 at 1:55 pm - Reply

Thanks Logan …… I cannot claim genius idea ownership of the book swap though, that award goes to my friend Kimberly. But I certainly enjoyed being a co-host and loved meeting new bloggers and literature lovers in the process. I’ve read several books by Nora Roberts and enjoyed them all. Stay tuned for future swaps, we’ll be doing this again. Have a blessed day. Thanks for visiting my blog! xoxo, Nicole