Today is my 29th birthday.
Happy Birthday to all the babies born on December 17.
29 things I’ve learned in 29 years:
1. No matter how old I get, I’ll always be Daddy’s girl and want my Mom around when I’m sick. There’s just something about a Mom’s healing touch.
2. Reading is food for the brain. An added bonus: if you send a note to an author about something they’ve written, they might reply! #MargaretFeinberg
3. Personal, handwritten notes make a big difference. The price of a stamp is totally worth the smile on a person’s face.
4. Pursue things and people that bring joy to your life.
5. Stay in touch with family and friends, even if they’re hundreds of miles away.
6. Mom was right about everything. EVERYTHING!
7. I function exceptionally well *WITHOUT* a Smartphone.
8. Finding love online is not for everybody, but it worked for Husband and me.
9. I don’t want to grow up.
10. Relationships manner. Make time for people who mean the world to you.
11. You have two ears and a mouth for a reason: LISTEN.
12. Continue to grow as an individual and contribute to others in meaningful ways.
13. Do things you enjoy … alone. Go see a movie or eat at your favorite restaurant.
14. It’s okay to let go of a dream.
15. Laughter and sweet tea can cure almost anything.
16. Experience life outside your comfort zone. Look at the world from a different perspective.
17. Travel as often as possible.
18. Be proud of who you are and where you come from.
19. There is truth in country music.
20. I was meant to be a United Methodist.
21. I need to be validated and loved. I need to hear it. See it. Feel it.
22. There’s no shame in saying “I don’t know.” Honesty and humility are impressive qualities.
23. Use protection. Birth control and sunscreen are excellent examples.
24. Sometimes, getting knocked on your butt is a good thing.
25. There is nothing quite as good as the companionship of a dog.
26. Never, ever, EVER skimp on toilet paper. I am loyal to Charmin Ultra-Soft.
27. Get educated and earn a degree. Go to a place that challenges you in every way. Don’t show up to class wearing pajamas either.
28. A beautiful wedding does NOT cost a lot of money.
29. Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can. ~John Wesley
What would you add to this list?