DFW Bloggers’ Ornament Exchange | Christmas 2012

Let me start by saying that I have some really great, wonderful, beautiful, talented, funny, and generous friends. Our friendships are unique because we’re all bloggers in the Dallas and Fort Worth area. Two years ago, I never imagined the network of people who I would connect with through a blog.

I’ll say this about us too: we’re smokin’ HOT!!!!!!

grouppic

Yours Truly arrived at this party with a dead battery in the camera. None of these photos are mine, but they belong to to the winner-winner-chicken-dinner of photography, Sarah from Loveee, Sarah.

We met at Winslow’s Wine Cafe, a swanky bar and restaurant in the Arlington Heights community of Fort Worth (4101 Camp Bowie). The food was delicious (the trio of hummus with fresh pita strips was especially amazing) and most of us had Poinsettias, an adult beverage made of Prosecco (sparkling wine) and cranberry juice.

Cheers for Christmas!

cheerytoast

When it came time for presents, our kind and gentle spirits were replaced with boxing gloves and fierce competition for the Silly Santa Exchange.

I’m kidding about the boxing gloves.

The rules of our game said an ornament could be “stolen” twice before it was deemed “frozen” by the third person who possessed it. I had two – yes TWO – ornaments taken away from me.

I threw no punches, however. Just making that clear.

hootietheowl

pinterestsnowman

Perhaps the highlight, and my claim to fame, was my PHOTOBOMBING abilities. It seemed I was dodging the camera all night. But when you stand six-feet, are as wide as a Mack truck, and confined to a small space with 15 other people, there’s no room for me to retreat. Finally, when I was stuck and had no where to go, I stayed in the picture and provided the cheesiest grin in the history of ever!

Photobomb!

Cheeeeez!

aprilnicole1

Despite ruining her lovely photo, April (Red Dirt Mama) still loves me … or so she says.

Right, April?

Once again, we (DFW Bloggers) enjoyed a lovely evening together. It felt wonderful to reconnect with the ladies I met at the painting party while meeting new girls for the first time. Seeing their smiling faces makes reading their blogs more personal. The three hostesses did a great job planning the event too. They even created handmade decor for the party and prepared special take-home gifts of cider mix too.

hostesses1

Julie from A Beautiful Day
Megan from The House of Martinez
Becky from The Java Mama

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

250pix

MARK YOUR CALENDAR for Wednesday, December 12.
Join my link-up celebrating 12.12.12.

By | 2012-12-05T05:15:10+00:00 December 5th, 2012|Blog|0 Comments

1. Julie December 5, 2012 at 7:41 am - Reply

Great post, Nicole! I always love to see everyone’s take on the same event….so much fun. I am still working on mine. It was truly great to see you and I hope we won’t have to wait too long to do it again.

• Nicole December 5, 2012 at 9:19 am - Reply

Thanks, Julie! It was big fun with all of you lovely ladies. I want to do it again … and more often!

2. Crystal December 5, 2012 at 8:49 am - Reply

Love this post! Wish I could have been there.

• Nicole December 5, 2012 at 9:20 am - Reply

Thanks Crystal! Wish you could have joined the fun too.

3. April @ Red Dirt Mama December 5, 2012 at 10:52 am - Reply

AGH!! MY EYES WERE CLOSED! This is really how I take pics 99% of the time. Your photobomb just makes it perfect. 🙂

4. hollihd December 6, 2012 at 9:49 am - Reply

I’m sorry i missed. 🙁 I love you guys and cant wait for the next time so i can be there.

• Nicole December 6, 2012 at 11:39 am - Reply

Holli, we missed you too! Definitely next time. =)

5. Kristen Adams December 6, 2012 at 12:57 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for the card!! It meant so much to me!!!  🙂 Hope you’re doing well….man, I have so much catching up do do after being away!! 🙂

________________________________

• Nicole December 6, 2012 at 4:38 pm - Reply

oh Kristen, so glad you enjoyed your card and we are so proud of your accomplishments …. big hugs!!!!

6. Jill Schrader December 6, 2012 at 3:11 pm - Reply

Hooray! I had so much fun hanging with you and the others!

• Nicole December 6, 2012 at 4:38 pm - Reply

Awww thanks Jill, I really enjoyed it too. Big fun! We have to do it again …. and more often. =)

7. Lisa December 6, 2012 at 7:15 pm - Reply

That looks so fun! Love those owl ornaments! =)

• Nicole December 6, 2012 at 7:45 pm - Reply

You and me both …. actually EVERYBODY wanted that owl ornament. Unfortunately, for me, I was the first to open it and then it was “stolen” away. It’s adorable though. I wish you were closer so you could attend these events, we have a blast. I also wish you were here Dec 15 for my sushi birthday dinner. I’ll eat a roll for you. =)

Hugs,
      N

8. Cynthia December 7, 2012 at 2:13 pm - Reply

I agree, “we’re smokin’ HOT!!!!!!” What a great time that was. So glad I found the group. Can’t wait until the next one! Loved your photo bombs 😉

• Nicole December 7, 2012 at 2:17 pm - Reply

Yes, we are HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!! I’m going to practice my photo-bombing skills so they’re perfect at our next event. I need to work on my cheeeeeese. =)