Gone With The Wind

Don’t you think you’ve had enough kissing for one afternoon?
~ Rhett Butler ~

There’s this book and it was made into a movie. It’s a freakishly long movie — about five hours with commercials —but it’s a great movie. I don’t know about the book, I’ve never read it (GASP!). You’ve heard of Gone With The Wind, right?

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE, don’t bother me anymore. And don’t call me Sugar!
~ Scarlett O’Hara ~

What a woman.
~ Rhett Butler ~
(My second favorite line in the movie)

Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.
~ Rhett Butler ~
(My favorite line in the movie, even though I hate how the movie ends.)

AMC knew I did not want to cook or clean yesterday (the day before Thanksgiving) because they showed a #GWTW marathon. Technically, it’s their fault I stayed in my pajamas all day, ate a bunch of junk food, and didn’t cook the special dishes I had planned. I also tweeted my #GWTW experience. It was life-changing for no one. And nobody answered the one question that still, after all these years, makes my pulse quicken:

I just have to know what happened next. Did they live happily ever after? Did they? Did they?

This has been a public service announcement for your viewing pleasure and my need for a happy, romantic ending. We now return to regular Thanksgiving programming.

Pass the green bean casserole, please!

By |2012-11-22T00:30:27+00:00November 22nd, 2012|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry November 22, 2012 at 9:15 am - Reply

You cannot eat green bean casserole, woman! I haven’t cooked with a “cream-of-anything-soup” in years! And, boy does that leave out a LOT of Pinterest recipes! Sheesh!

The book is quite lovely…I got on a “I’m an English teacher and should read classics” kick one year…but, I forget most things, so it doesn’t really matter on most accounts.

Happy Thanksgiving, Lovely!

• Nicole November 22, 2012 at 7:54 pm - Reply

Actually, I make my own green bean casserole WITHOUT the cream-of-whatever, but I did not make any for today. I make a roux (did I spell that right?) and use soy milk to make the sauce. It’s quite the ensemble, Husband sure likes it. Anywho, never read the book Gone With The Wind. Maybe I’ll do that one day when I don’t feel like doing anything else. Doubt it, but maybe. Happy Thanksgiving, hope you’ve had a splendid turkey day!!!! Hugs =)

2. Julie November 23, 2012 at 9:09 am - Reply

I have only watched it one time all the way through, but it is hands down my mother’s favorite movie of all time. She owns it on DVD, but still watches it when it comes on TV….go figure. Hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! xoxo

• Nicole November 23, 2012 at 11:04 am - Reply

Julie, you sound like me. I’ve seen bits and pieces of GWTW many times, but only sat down and watched it from beginning to end two or three. Happy Thanksgiving, lovely lady! xoxo

3. helenesula November 25, 2012 at 12:27 pm - Reply

I say they got back together, I am a hopeless romantic too!

• Nicole November 25, 2012 at 12:29 pm - Reply

Thank you, Helene! I’m so glad somebody confirmed what I’ve been thinking all along. LOL