Me Myself and I

Without a doubt, my favorite Christmastime movie is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase and Randy Quaid. I laugh hysterically every single time. Plus, it’s level of immaturity, inappropriateness, and twisted humor is right up my alley. A couple years ago, Husband and I began watching Love Actually and it’s become an annual tradition. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (starring Jim Carrey) has one of my favorite songs by Faith Hill, Where Are You Christmas? The Family Stone is tolerable, especially the food fight scene. It definitely reminds you that every family has its dysfunction. I also enjoy watching Tim Allen as The Santa Clause.

I am most thankful for faith, my marriage, family and friends. I am blessed.

Hands down, my mother. There, I said it. Fifteen years ago, I would have cringed at the thought of becoming like my mother, but truth is: we all become a miniature version of our mothers. Good, bad or indifferent. Mine is a jewel, I’ll love her forever. She’s classy, sassy, and a bit smart assy. (Sorry Mom, but I had to include that last sentence!)

This question assumes I consume drinks at Saint Arbucks. I am not a coffee drinker, hot or iced, foam latte or venti. Seriously, what does that gobbly-gook even mean?!?! If you were to ask me what I drink at Sonic, I’d say “Route 44 sweet tea *OR* Route 44 Coke with extra cherry syrup.” That’s the more important question!!!!!!!!

By | 2012-11-20T04:30:54+00:00 November 20th, 2012|Blog|0 Comments

1. Tyler November 20, 2012 at 6:49 am - Reply

The Santa Clause is the best 🙂 One day in the future when I have kids, they will be watching it 😛 Have a great Thanksgiving! 🙂

• Nicole November 20, 2012 at 10:26 am - Reply

Tyler, my Husband LOVES The Santa Clause and Tim Allen. We watch them all, plus Lampoon Christmas. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

2. Julie November 20, 2012 at 7:54 am - Reply

What a fun post….I am right there with you on Christmas Vacation! It isn’t the holidays without it. No coffee for me either, I usually only go there if somebody wants to meet there and if it is warm outside I’ll have a green iced tea…..cold outside and I have peppermint hot chocolate. Have a great day and I will see you soon….you can’t see me but I am doing the happy dance and it ain’t pretty!!!!!!!!

• Nicole November 20, 2012 at 10:27 am - Reply

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love you a bushel and a peck, Julie!!!!! I’m looking forward to our meet-up, I miss everybody so much. Happy Thanksgiving =)

3. Greg Edwards November 20, 2012 at 8:30 am - Reply

I can’t believe you didn’t include Dirty Dancing and Dancing With Wolves?????? When you do movies, these were always the first two!!!! Can’t wait to see you and Kevin for the holidays. Love You.

• Nicole November 20, 2012 at 10:29 am - Reply

The question asked movies during the HOLIDAYS, but yes, you are right. Dirty Dancing and Dancing With Wolves are two of my all-time favorites. In fact, you might be seeing those two titles in a post very soon. Stay tuned! Love you! I’m so ready for Dec 20 to be here, I can hardly stand it. xoxoxoxo

4. Breanna November 20, 2012 at 10:34 am - Reply

haha loved your answer to the last one. 🙂 I’m surprised to see so many people don’t like coffee, but than again it’s not the best either. Thanks so much for linking up with us. Happy Tuesday!

• Nicole November 20, 2012 at 11:03 am - Reply

Hi Breanna, thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. =)

5. Holli November 20, 2012 at 11:28 am - Reply

YES! Watching national lampoons Christmas Vacation is also part of my tradition. As well as The Grinch that stole Christmas with Jim Carrey and the original cartoon version, and ELF with Will Ferrell. I have to watch all for my holiday to be complete.
    I wish i didnt love Starbucks as much as i do. Oh how i love thee!
    happy Thanksgiving sweetypie!

• Nicole November 20, 2012 at 11:30 am - Reply

Holli, you are so funny. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

6. Lisa November 27, 2012 at 9:51 pm - Reply

Um, you listen to me. You go to Starbucks, and you get a peppermint mocha. And if you don’t drink milk, you get a soy peppermint mocha. You will become addicted. It is like a hot chocolate/coffee/Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie. And at $4 a pop, I can’t stop drinking them. It is out of control.

• Nicole November 27, 2012 at 9:59 pm - Reply

You listen to me, Miss Attitude, I don’t like hot drinks. Not a hot chocolate fan and definitely not a mint fan. But you enjoy those high-dollar vente foame latte jibber-jabber drinks. I’ll stick with the sweet tea!!!!
      I love you, Lisa D. =)