Anatomy Lesson

thighs.

There’s more.

I got a butt.
Dimpled, rippled, a test-tish-tushee,
Wide and spacious kind-a
butt.

That’s not the end of it.

I got a belly.
Round, rubba-dub-dubba, jiggly-wiggly,
Buddha-happy kind-a
belly.

Not only that.

I got boobs.
Droopy, saggy, boinga-boinga, floppy
Water balloon kind-a
boobs.

I got it all.

It’s no ideal picture-perfect
Wishy-washy-wish, dream-scheme kind-a
pie-in-the sky could-a-would-a-should-a.

But it’s a perfect fit.

If your hips, thighs, butt, belly,
and boobs are perfectly imperfect,
celebrate them.

Anatomy Lesson was written by Marcia Thornton Jones, a resident of Lexington, Kentucky, and author of 131 books. This poem was published in the November-issue of Kentucky Monthly and is currently featured in PENNED 2012 — The 5th Annual Writers’ Showcase.

By | 2012-11-05T05:30:12+00:00 November 5th, 2012|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry November 5, 2012 at 5:44 am - Reply

That’s funny and most of it fitting! Thanks for taking the pics of my fam yesterday!! They turned out great!

• Nicole November 5, 2012 at 8:17 am - Reply

Glad you enjoyed this post and you’re most welcome about the family pictures, so happy for Miss B. She’s growing up so fast. =)

2. Julie November 5, 2012 at 8:43 am - Reply

Holy cow….until I got to the end, I swore you were writing a post about (not so little) old me. But seriously, once we accept ourselves the way we are…flaws and all…life seems to go a lot more smoothly. In case you are interested, here is post I did back in February about loving yourself, just the way you are ….whether you are a size 2 or a size 20. I say “Rock what the good Lord gave you!!!!!” Thank you so much for sharing this I LOVE it! Have a great day, sweet lady!

• Nicole November 5, 2012 at 8:52 am - Reply

Thank you, Sweet Julie! You are amazing and one hot mama. I’m loving the boudoir photos, go girl. =)

3. Dani November 5, 2012 at 9:41 am - Reply

I love that!! I need to remember that because I have a hard time loving myself and my flaws.

• Nicole November 5, 2012 at 9:51 am - Reply

Awww Dani, I’m glad you enjoyed it. Keep smiling and love yourself. =)

Hugs,
      N

4. margaretfeinberg November 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm - Reply

love this! May we all celebrate our beauty (even the beauty we see as imperfect) and let’s give a little booga-wooga shake!

• Nicole November 5, 2012 at 2:06 pm - Reply

Margaret, you always make me smile. I’m going to give you a “booga-wooga” hug very soon. Bonus points if I can find PIXIE DUST to sprinkle on us too.

Love,