My Kinda Party | Jason Aldean & Luke Bryan concert

Go ahead and be jealous.

Saturday night, I was the “adult chaperone” for four young ladies at the Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan concert at Gexa Pavilion in Dallas. It was Jamie’s mother’s 50th birthday and she wanted to celebrate with a quiet dinner at her favorite restaurant instead of a loud-and-rowdy country music concert. Because I’m so eager to please, I happily agreed to take the girls for a night of fun, laughs, and excellent music.

It’s a tough life.

Yes, I am wearing a rhinestone t-shirt that says REAL HOUSEWIFE OF JOHNSON COUNTY and includes cowboy boots too. I am wearing a turtleneck too — it was really cold!!!!

The stars of show: Jason Aldean & Luke Bryan. =)

At one point in the show, a surprise guest came out on stage with Jason Aldean during Luke Bryan’s performance of “Shake It For Me,” along with nearly naked male dancers in tight jeans and cowboy hats.

It’s really tough to be me.

girls + country music + cute cowboys = a typical evening in Texas

in Texas, concert-goers dance the Two Step

Proceeds from the concert —$509,125 to be exact — were given to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation (the Dallas chapter) from Jason Aldean and his wife, Jessica, in honor of her best friend who lost her battle to breast cancer at the age of 29.

If you are a parent with sons or daughters in need of a mature, responsible, trustworthy chaperone for similar events, contact me. I arrived at Gexa Pavilion with four lovely ladies and I left Gexa Pavilion with four super-duper excited, singing ladies.

We had a lot of fun. =)

By | 2012-10-28T15:25:24+00:00 October 28th, 2012|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry October 28, 2012 at 5:44 pm - Reply

I’m so glad you had fun and happened to notice a couple of those girls even made it to Sunday Service this AM. Well done!! AND Michelle celebrated in peace – success!

• Nicole October 28, 2012 at 6:24 pm - Reply

Yeah, and I was NOT one of those girls at church. Slept right through the alarm. Epic FAILURE on my part. Otherwise, I’m thoroughly observing the Sabbath. =)

2. Julie October 28, 2012 at 6:16 pm - Reply

It’s a rough job, but somebody had to do it! Looks like a great evening!!!

• Nicole October 28, 2012 at 6:35 pm - Reply

EXACTLY Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody had to do it, and I’m so glad it was me. =) The concert was ahhhh-mazing. I have always been a huge Jason Aldean fan, now I’m off the chart. As for Luke Bryan, there are no words. hehehehe

3. helenesula October 29, 2012 at 8:24 am - Reply

great post!! looks like you had a fabulous time!!
    Helene in Between
    100 Follower giveaway!

• Nicole October 29, 2012 at 10:40 am - Reply

Thanks Helene! The concert was fabulous and we had a GREAT time. =)

4. Cassie @ History in the Making October 29, 2012 at 10:16 am - Reply

I love LukeA and JAldean! I also love the Beards of Duck Dynasty. What a fun time!

• Nicole October 29, 2012 at 10:40 am - Reply

Cassie, it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Those boys know how to put on a show, for sure. And, they’re not bad to look at either. hahahahahaha

5. Jessica Bevil (@bubbiesmom) October 29, 2012 at 11:59 am - Reply

Looks like you gals had a great time! I have to admit- I’m kinda jealous. hehe 🙂 Such a lucky group of girls! Have a great week!!

• Nicole October 29, 2012 at 12:05 pm - Reply

Hey Jessica!!!! Don’t worry, I’d be totally jealous if I had not been at the concert too! It was a lot of fun for sure, and Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan put on one heck of a show. =)

6. Margaret October 29, 2012 at 3:15 pm - Reply

LOVE your rhinestone t-shirt!!

• Nicole October 29, 2012 at 3:20 pm - Reply

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! If I cannot be on Bravo, at least I have a t-shirt. =)

7. Dani October 29, 2012 at 11:34 pm - Reply

That is awesome! Looks like yall had a great time!!

• Nicole October 30, 2012 at 10:43 am - Reply

We did, Dani, the concert was amazing!!!!! And, Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean are easy to look at it. =)