eastbound and down

Laundry is done.

• Husband’s sock and underwear drawer is full.
  • His shirts and slacks for work are hanging in the closet.
  • Clothes for working outside and roping are in the utility room.

The fridge is full.

• A pork tenderloin is marinating and ready to be grilled.
  • Plus a green bean casserole and other yummy goodies.

The pantry shelves are stocked with his favorite snacks.

Towels and wash clothes are stacked in the bathroom cabinet.

The dishwasher is empty, counters are clean, and the kitchen floor has been mopped.

Mason jars (empty ones) are boxed and loaded in the trunk of the car.

A case of Shiner Ruby Redbird is also in the trunk, along with two bottles of Cupcake Moscato.

This could only mean one thing:

By the time this post is published, I will be well on my way to Kentucky. Yes, I’m beginning this drive at night and will arrive at my parent’s before lunchtime Monday. (ssshhhh, they don’t know this yet …. it’s my little surprise for them.)

This trip has been in the works for several weeks and my desire to get home was intensified when Mom was hospitalized for five days. Thankfully, she’s home and on the road to a full recovery. The week before, Dad was diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. He is also on the mend and doing much better. Needless to say, it’s past time for their Darling Daughter to get home. It also means I’ll be working in the garden and shooting a few rounds down the range with some high-powered target rifles. Yeaaaa!!!!!

As for Three 31, blogging will continue business-as-usual. I have most posts already scheduled to publish automatically.

Don’t forget about the fabulous giveaway (ends August 5) sponsored by Copper River Bag Co. Enter by clicking the image above or HERE. Be sure to follow the entry directions carefully and good luck!

I’ll see y’all down the road, this girl is headed to Kentucky!

By | 2012-07-23T00:30:29+00:00 July 23rd, 2012|Blog, Uncategorized|8 Comments

8 Comments

1. Jody Johnson July 23, 2012 at 10:32 am - Reply

Godspeed Nicole!

2. Julie July 23, 2012 at 10:36 am - Reply

I hope that you have a safe journey and a wonderful trip. I don’t really have family in KY anymore so I will have to live vicariously through your trip!

• Nicole July 23, 2012 at 10:10 pm - Reply

Julie, I have to say driving through most of the night was a very good idea. Not only was it cooler and traffic lighter, but all of the construction zones were clear at night too. Forty-plus miles of orange barrels would have been a NIGHTMARE during the day. You can live vicariously through me ANYTIME, I hope I behave. hahaha

Hugs,
      Nicole

3. Celeste Zachry July 23, 2012 at 10:49 am - Reply

I will miss you EVER so much! Holler (really loudly) if you need me for ANYTHING and kiss Miss Charlotte for us! Be safe, my friend!

• Nicole July 23, 2012 at 10:13 pm - Reply

Seriously, I rolled down the windows and screamed the loudest WOOOOO HOOOOO when I crossed that bridge into Kentucky this morning. I was ever so happy. Mom is doing better but the woman doesn’t have a “slow down” button, she’s already gone back to work. She’s got to slow down and rest, especially as she continues taking her Rx meds. On a BRIGHTER note, I found a copy of 50 Shades on her side table. Oh. My. Word.

4. wilma July 23, 2012 at 12:23 pm - Reply

Have a safe trip, Nicole.. i’m sure you are pulling up in their driveway as I write this.. I know they will be both excited and happy to see their only daughter. It must have been so tough for you not to take off last week to help with things. Have a great trip, give your mom and dad a big hug for me.
    hugs
    wilma

• Nicole July 23, 2012 at 10:15 pm - Reply

Hmmm, let’s see, this comment was posted at 12:23pm. By that time, Dad and I had eaten lunch and driven out to the Yoder’s to pick up more jowl bacon, visited with some friends in Sebree, and returned home to see Mom. I arrived a few minutes after 10 this morning …. a quick 11 hour trip nonetheless. I’m supposed to be asleep now as my alarm is set for 6:00am to begin a full day in the corn patch. At least I’ll have good lookin’ co-workers with me: Kaleb, Kelby, and Bradley. hahahahahaha