Sunday Social | all about Tee-Vee shows

Neely and Ashley have created this weekly Sunday Social link-up and you should join the fun too. It’s simple and fun … what more do you need?

Sunday Social

What’s your favorite TV show of the past?

It’s impossible to choose just one: Full House, Family Matters, Saved By The Bell, Blossom, Home Improvement, the list goes on. I also loved watching the early seasons of MTV’s Real World and Road Rules. But, since Vegas, it lost my interest and I stopped watching.

What is your favorite TV show currently?

Again, impossible to choose one: Real Housewives, Top Chef, Bethenny, Wheel of Fortune, Duck Dynasty, and Chopped.

Which reality show would you NEVER do?

Hell’s Kitchen … Gordon Ramsey yelling in my face would make me cry. Besides, there’s only one boss in my kitchen and that’s me.

The Bachelor/Bachelorette … no way, Jose.

Which reality show would you LOVE to do?

I’m going wayyyyyy back for this but do y’all remember Supermarket Sweep? Yes, it was super cheesy and the matching sweatshirts were hideous, but I loved that show! Nowadays, I’d love to be on Wheel of Fortune. I watch it every night while eating dinner, yelling out the puzzle answer with a mouth full of food.

Which TV personality or character do you feel is most like you?

Kathy Wakile from The Real Housewives of New Jersey. She’s a very positive and optimistic person. She sees everybody for their potential, not their pitfalls. She loves unconditionally, and is often disappointed. But she lives life to the fullest and keeps family values and tradition her top priorities. She also likes to be in the kitchen … something I really like too!

Which TV character would you most like to date?

Without a doubt, Si Robertson. Not in a romantic kind of way {OBVIOUSLY} but that man makes me laugh …… and he drinks sweet tea. Besides, I’m sure the rest of the Robertson crew would show up at some point to “wreck” our date and I’d get to meet them as well.

By | 2012-07-08T06:03:05+00:00 July 8th, 2012|Blog, Uncategorized|19 Comments

1. Sara July 8, 2012 at 7:47 am - Reply

OMG Supermarket Sweep! I wish that show was still on!

• Nicole July 8, 2012 at 9:46 am - Reply

Oh thank goodness I’m not the only person that misses that show!!!! HAHAHAHA

2. Brittany Allen July 8, 2012 at 9:34 am - Reply

100% agree about the Real World. I lost interest after Hawaii. I wouldn’t be able to make it through Hell’s Kitchen either. Holy moly…Supermarket Sweeps was one of my favorites, too. That made me think of the old Let’s Make a Deal.

• Nicole July 8, 2012 at 9:48 am - Reply

Brittany, I’m so glad to know someone else misses Supermarket Sweep …… we should demand it return. I wanna run through the grocery with 5 turkeys in my cart and a giant inflatable coupon declaring an extra $200 to my total. Goodness I really miss that show, I’m having a revelation!!!!!!

P.S. Real World Hawaii was definitely, ummmm, interesting.

3. Meghan @ Shine On July 8, 2012 at 10:36 am - Reply

Ahh, Home Improvement and Blossom = Perfection!! Great responses. 🙂

• Nicole July 8, 2012 at 11:24 am - Reply

Thanks for stopping by, Meghan!!!! I love watching the old re-runs of Home Improvement. Tim Allen and all his shenanigans are a hoot!!!!!!

4. victoria July 8, 2012 at 11:29 am - Reply

oh my gosh i so remember supermarket sweep!! i was alwasy good at the unscrambling words game. i would LOVE to do that game too lol

love it!

5. Meghan July 8, 2012 at 12:49 pm - Reply

Amen, girl! I love your mentions of Bethenny and Kathy – two of my favorites! 🙂

• Nicole July 8, 2012 at 3:54 pm - Reply

Me too, Meghan!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it. Happy Sunday!

6. Taylor @ Goings on in Texas July 8, 2012 at 1:33 pm - Reply

I so wanted to be on Supermarket Sweep!!! I would get so mad when they wouldn’t get the big bulky stuff! 😉 LOL Thanks for stopping by my blog!

• Nicole July 8, 2012 at 3:53 pm - Reply

I’m thinking Supermarket Sweets should make a modern comeback … maybe hosted by Ellen DeGeneres or Bethenney Frankel. LOL
      p.s. thank YOU for stopping by my blog, I get so excited when I find more Texas bloggers. 🙂

Happy Sunday,

7. Jessica Bevil (@bubbiesmom) July 8, 2012 at 3:41 pm - Reply

Super Market Sweep!! I wish they would come out with a show similar to this one!! It seems that we have similar taste in past television shows as well. There are some pretty good shows these days but honestly, television quality has gone down some the past decade or so…

• Nicole July 8, 2012 at 3:46 pm - Reply

Definitely agree, Jessica!!!!!! If they reinvent Supermarket Sweet, I think we should be teammates. 🙂

8. Breanna July 8, 2012 at 5:34 pm - Reply

Oh how could I ever forget about Supermarket Sweep?!? I used to watch it all the time, & I wish it still came on– when I was 12, I swore I could win… & now that I actually grocery shop, I know I actually would ;). Thanks for reminding me of a great show!

• Nicole July 8, 2012 at 6:05 pm - Reply

Hey Bre, thanks for stopping by my blog! Perhaps we should start a support group for those of us who really miss Supermarket Sweep!!!!
      Happy Sunday,

9. Ashley July 8, 2012 at 9:24 pm - Reply

Supermarket Sweep was sooooo good! And I just love Duck Dynasty. Such a hilarious show!

Thanks for linking up!

• Nicole July 8, 2012 at 9:31 pm - Reply

Hey Ashley, thanks for visiting my blog! I’m so excited to hear I’m not the only person that enjoyed Supermarket Sweep …… wish a modern-day edition would begin!!!!

Happy Sunday,

10. Brandy July 9, 2012 at 12:13 pm - Reply

Oh i remember my mom and my little sis absolutely loving supermarket sweep! That was a regular at our house!

• Nicole July 9, 2012 at 9:38 pm - Reply

Yay for another Supermarket Sweep fan!!! hahaha
      Thanks for visiting my blog, have a great day.