Because Mother’s Day is tomorrow.
Because I’m my mother’s favorite child, here are 10 reasons why I love her.
10. I love my mom because she reads my blog.
She thinks I’m funny and laughs at my ridiculous posts.
9. I love my mom because church is a priority.
8. I love my mom because she snorts when she laughs.
The woman cracks me up.
7. I love my mom because she bakes perfect chocolate chip cookies (and let me eat the dough).
Cookie dough = one of life’s best features.
6. I love my mom because she knows how to use a gun.
And she’s not afraid to use it.
5. I love my mom because she
finds makes time for others.
There are some very special men in my life. One I call Dad, another I call Husband, and three I consider to be brothers. There are many others and my Mom is loved and appreciated by all of them. Her kindness and generosity cannot be denied.
4. I love my mom because she delivered me naturally *WITHOUT* an epidural.
Twenty-eight years ago, the anesthesiologist did not work on the weekend and I made my entrance into this world on a Saturday. OOPS!!!!
3. I love my mom because she is involved in the community.
For most of my life, Mom has always been heavily involved in community events, civic organizations, church activities, and coordinated various functions. With her roles in leadership positions, she often volunteered me to dress in costumes and participate in the events too. I’ve been an Easter bunny and Funky Chicken more times than I can count. Just recently, my mom was elected as Treasurer of the Chamber of Commerce. She’s an exemplary model of service and humility.
2. I love my mom because she loves my husband.
Ten years ago, my mom had serious doubts about my relationship with a guy I met online and lived in Texas. I’m thankful she trusted my judgement and understood that I was following my heart and doing what I felt was right.
1. I love my mom because she loves my dad.
No matter my age, where I live, or how much I love my Husband, my Dad will always be my number one man. After 30 years of marriage, Mom and Dad are doing things right. They work hard, they play hard, and I know (at times) they drive each other crazy.
Love you, Mom! I hope you have a wonderful mother’s day.
Love you too, Dad!