99 Things

One of the many blogs that I follow is Perfectly Imperfect. Jennifer is a Texas girl. She was born in Dallas and now lives in Austin, one of my favorite places in Texas! Most recently, Jennifer had a really unfortunate situation occur, but she’s handling it with a beautiful smile and unwavering faith. She posted her list of 99 Things and it inspired me to do the same. I’m incredibly blessed and grateful for the people in my life and the many “extra” things I can enjoy too. If you’re reading this, I appreciate you. A lot.

The bold items are things I’ve accomplished. I hope to do more in the future!

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland — I’ve been in Disney World in Orlando several times, does that count?!
8. Climbed a mountain
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpoxTWICE!!!!!
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo — I doubt this will EVER happen. Just. Saying.
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person — No offense, Texas, but The Alamo is quite disappointing!
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Own a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee

What items would you BOLD from this list?

By | 2012-05-07T06:30:00+00:00 May 7th, 2012|Blog|0 Comments

1. lovelylici1986 May 7, 2012 at 8:29 am - Reply

Niagra Falls is SO awesome! I have a funny little story about the first time I saw it. I took a random unplanned trip and ended up in Niagra Falls. I was chatting with my cousin on the phone and she went on and on about how she wants to see it, and she’s so jealous, and blah blah blah. I was very I-don’t-even-care-it’s-just-water as I was walking along the street which was a tourist hub. I got to the peak of a hill and in the middle of talking to her just said, “OH. MY. GOD!” She was all, “What?! What?! What happened?!” She was already worried because I went alone. I said, “It’s NIAGRA FALLS!” Lol. I didn’t expect to have a reaction at all, but seeing it from a distance was crazy, and I ran the rest of the way there. Lol.

I went to a drive-in in PEI, Canada. It was very cool! Are there any in your area?

I never had the chicken pox. I hope to never get it. It’s apparently TERRIBLE when you get it as an adult.

I LOVE these list thingies. Did you make this up, or copy it? I have a Life List (that probably needs updating) here: https://conchsaladesque.wordpress.com/life-list/

• Nicole May 7, 2012 at 10:02 am - Reply

The story behind this post came from another blog who was inspired by another blogger who, I’m only guessing here, was inspired by another ….. catch my drift?! I think it’s a great list and fun blog post, and it reminds me of everything I want to do and accomplish – plus more! – in a lifetime.

Your story about Niagara Falls reminds me about my first trip to San Antonio, Texas and visiting The Alamo. I was expecting this giant Fort Knox-like establishment and I was all Tourist-y and ready to go sightseeing when this really nice looking police officer stopped me on the sidewalk and asked, “Ma’am, you seem to be looking for something. How can I help you?” I told him my intentions and replied, “I’m looking for The Alamo, can you point me in the right direction?” He blushed and kindly said, “Ma’am, turn around. The Alamo is behind you.” I turned around and saw this tiny, falling apart structure in the middle of a metropolitan area and said ONE word: “oh.” SERIOUSLY?!?! That’s all? That’s all there is to this structure these crazy loco Texans keep talking about?! HAHAHAHAHA Needless to say, I’m not the only person who thinks it’s a big disappointment!!!!!

Want to know what’s really, really, REALLY sad? There is a drive-in movie theatre near where I grew up in Kentucky. It’s still open and one of very few still in operation around the U.S. I think there might be one or two around the Dallas/Fort Worth area too. It’s a laughing point with my Mom and I. As much as she and I traveled when I was younger, I always tell her I was “sheltered” because I never went to a drive-in movie. Such a brat!!!!

Note to self: don’t get the chicken pox as an adult, it’ll become shingles and you’ll want to die. Actually, anybody that has had chicken pox has the shingles virus in their body. I’m hoping for GOOD blessings here!!!!

I think this is the world’s longest comment reply. Congratulations to US!!!!!

Big Hugs,

• lovelylici1986 May 9, 2012 at 2:22 pm - Reply

Hahahaha. Too funny!
        My great-gram got shingles a few years ago, at like 90. It was kinda scary, but she got over it.

2. Georgia McDaniel May 8, 2012 at 11:57 am - Reply

You have never been skinny dipping? Or in my case chunky dipping ? You’ve never bounced a check? WOW

• Nicole May 8, 2012 at 2:04 pm - Reply

I prefer to do my “chunky dunkin” with a swim suit ….. just saying. Nope, never have bounced a check!!!!!

3. Celeste Zachry May 13, 2012 at 7:05 am - Reply

I’ve covered a lot on your list: got the tats and little rugrats, neither a result of all the skinny dipping I am prone to do. Don’t care about Times Square, Alamo is small but remember the time period and purpose. You can keep Paris – but we can go to the drive-in in Granbury! I’ve done all the tail end of your list minus #96. Fun list, Nic!

• Nicole May 13, 2012 at 9:28 am - Reply

I should have added “Go to a birthday dinner celebration with The Zachry’s” on this list. I’m going to be dressed to the nines, even if we go to Burger King. NO JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. […] RESOLUTIONS LIST of things I want to do throughout the year. I have also created a list called 99 Things that I want to […]