Can you see me now?

Looking for new eyeglass frames is like listening to myself on a recording. It’s absolutely dreadful. I’d rather have my wisdom teeth extracted. With dry sockets. Needless to say, I don’t wear my glasses in public unless it’s an absolutely emergency. But, I want to change this habit and wear them more often. Which brings us to the purpose of this post: I need your help. I found a handy-dandy tool at PearleVisiondotcom that allows site visitors to upload their picture and virtually (literally and figuratively) try-on frames. Personally, I think this is almost as good as sliced bread. I can look at my dreadful self in dreadful eyeglasses in the comfort of my La-Z-Boy recliner. I don’t have to put on a bra or drive to Fort Worth and embarrass myself in front of other customers. This is my kind of shopping!

In the spirit of democracy (because we all know that I’m following these political campaigns on the tee-vee ….. cough cough), I’m asking you to *VOTE* for your favorite frame(s).

Now, I understand my forehead is five-stories-tall, my teeth are big, and my ears are crooked, but help me. Please. There are eight (8) options, please be honest. You’re not going to say anything I haven’t already. Plus, if you don’t like any of these I’ve picked out, say so.

EEEK! Hey Nicole, keep your contacts. Thanks!

You’re not going to hurt my feelings. However, glancing at the brand names, Husband might have a coronary. It’s never good for our frugality when prices are not listed.

To vote, or provide a public service announcement saying contacts were made for people like me, simply add a comment to this post. An example comment might be:

I want you to max out Husband’s credit card by purchasing Option #6. Do the Tiffany frames come in a blue box with a white satin ribbon too? Ohh-la-la-la. Me likey-likey. A lot.

You have until May 15 to cast your vote and leave your comments. Pearle Vision has a current promotion, Buy One Get One Free, that ends June 30, 2012. Get your votes in and I promise a “field trip” to the local PV for a fitting.

By | 2012-05-02T02:00:50+00:00 May 2nd, 2012|Blog|0 Comments

1. Celeste Zachry May 2, 2012 at 4:56 am - Reply

I’m not sure I’m too crazy about any of them – but I really think it’s because they’re so “computery imaged”. My vote is for #7!!

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 11:56 am - Reply

Celeste, you’re right. The images are really “computery” but I guess that’s why it would be SMARTER to go to the store and try them on. But, if I go to the store, I’d have to put a bra on. Ugh. LOL

Hugs,

2. Celeste Zachry May 2, 2012 at 4:56 am - Reply

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 11:56 am - Reply

Hugs,

3. Megan McBride May 2, 2012 at 6:05 am - Reply

I like #5 and #3 in that order.

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 2:25 pm - Reply

Thanks, Megan ….. I didn’t make this decision very easy did I?! But I love all the feedback I’m receiving, I should do this more often.

Best,

4. Megan McBride May 2, 2012 at 6:05 am - Reply

I like #5 and #3 in that order.

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 2:25 pm - Reply

Best,

5. revlara May 2, 2012 at 7:35 am - Reply

The consensus at the table is that you look gorgeous in them all. If you want me to choose, I would elect #2 (with sustantial favor)…yes, I’ve been at Conference 10 days. After that I would vote for #4, 6, or 8…in that order.

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Table consensus?. Election? Substantial favor? Yes, my Rev.L has been at conference too long!!!!!!!! I miss you MUCHLY and wish you’d hurry up and get home. Thanks for the vote of confidence, sending you a big hug to Tampa. 🙂

Love,
      5-12

6. revlara May 2, 2012 at 7:35 am - Reply

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Love,
      5-12

7. Lucy Dowings May 2, 2012 at 8:57 am - Reply

I like #3. Nicole, you are beautiful inside and outside. Love you .

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Awww Lucy, you’re so sweet!!!!! Thank you. Thank you.

Hugs.

8. Lucy Dowings May 2, 2012 at 8:57 am - Reply

I like #3. Nicole, you are beautiful inside and outside. Love you .

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Awww Lucy, you’re so sweet!!!!! Thank you. Thank you.

Hugs.

9. lovelylici1986 May 2, 2012 at 11:18 am - Reply

#1 and #2 look exactly the same, no? And #5 and #6? Are you tricking us?
    Well, I like #2. I would like #6 if they didn’t look a bit too short (cross-ways) for your face.

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 12:16 pm - Reply

Hey Lovely Lici!!!! Good eye on #1 and #2, they ARE the same but different colors. One is tortoise and the other is black. Nice catch! As for the length of the frames, I completely agree. Perhaps it the “computer imagery” of the whole virtual try-on tool. I need to face the facts: I gotta put a bra on and go to the store. (heavy sigh) HAHA

Hugs,

• lovelylici1986 May 3, 2012 at 4:14 pm - Reply

Hahaha. Too funny. It’s one of those things… Worth getting the perfect fit. I need my eyes tested. Coming up on two years. EEK!

10. Steph May 2, 2012 at 2:18 pm - Reply

I like 1, 2, &7 – and speaking as a fellow-frugalista (have you met my husband???) – check out the selection at Costco – name brands, not-so-painful prices. bra optional 😉

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 2:26 pm - Reply

I have met your husband …… and you’ve met mine (gosh, we got ourselves into trouble)!!!!! I’ll keep Costco in mine, My washer and dryer came from there (thanks to you and your card), why not my eye specks!

P.S. The optional bra part is VERY, VERY enticing. Hmmmm. HAHAHAHA

Love,

• Steph May 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm - Reply

I know. It’s a good thing I married someone who pays attention to the funds. If not, I’d be happy, but incredibly broke! See you Saturday!

11. Steph May 2, 2012 at 2:18 pm - Reply

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 2:26 pm - Reply

P.S. The optional bra part is VERY, VERY enticing. Hmmmm. HAHAHAHA

Love,

• Steph May 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm - Reply

12. Jenny Moore May 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm - Reply

NUMBER 4 FO SHO!!!

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm - Reply

Alrighty then!!!!!! Thanks for the vote.

Hugs,

13. Jenny Moore May 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm - Reply

NUMBER 4 FO SHO!!!

• Nicole May 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm - Reply

Alrighty then!!!!!! Thanks for the vote.

Hugs,

14. wilma May 2, 2012 at 9:01 pm - Reply

They are all pretty close.. But I like # 3..

15. wilma May 2, 2012 at 9:01 pm - Reply

They are all pretty close.. But I like # 3..

16. Jill House May 2, 2012 at 9:47 pm - Reply

All but a few look really similar and none would be bad choices – #4 and #8 are my least favorite. For years I felt the same about contacts vs. glasses until I was having to wear both to be able to read anything…….at that point, I decided to just go with glasses and I think it’s kind of fun to pick out new ones! It will be a long time before you reach that decision point in your young life!

17. Jill House May 2, 2012 at 9:47 pm - Reply

18. valcitygal May 3, 2012 at 5:42 am - Reply

I love #7 – very nice. If I had to pick a second, it would be #2. I wear glasses and a few years ago decided to wear them al the time too – and it’s great – I can see!! 🙂 But glasses-shopping is definitely challenging… I may try this tool as well – very neat!

• Nicole May 3, 2012 at 9:35 am - Reply

Thanks for the vote, Val ….. there’s no way I could wear glasses full-time because I’m attached (addicted!!!!!!) to my sunglasses. I have a very special relationship with my Oakleys, they’re attached to my head daily. However, I need to wear my glasses more often and remove my contacts more often too. I hope you find new frames with this handy-dandy tool. It was easy and fun to use. Of course, several laughs when I “tried on” frames that were NOT appropriate. I looked like Harry Potter’s twin sister with one set. HAHAHAHAHA

Hugs,

19. valcitygal May 3, 2012 at 5:42 am - Reply

• Nicole May 3, 2012 at 9:35 am - Reply

Hugs,

20. Lisa May 4, 2012 at 5:27 pm - Reply

#1. =)

• Nicole May 4, 2012 at 6:51 pm - Reply

Awww Lisa, my dear fashionista and chicster, your feedback is so appreciated!!! Obviously, I need all the help I can get. Hope you’re well.
      Hug,

21. Lisa May 4, 2012 at 5:27 pm - Reply

#1. =)

• Nicole May 4, 2012 at 6:51 pm - Reply

Hug,

22. Terri Curry May 10, 2012 at 9:17 pm - Reply

I vote for #3. I feel qualified to address the bra issue since mine is the first thing to come off (when I get home, that is) – even before the shoes. Here’s the way I figure it – if you don’t wear one when you are in PV, perhaps no one will notice that you’re trying on frames. Just saying ….

• Nicole May 10, 2012 at 9:28 pm - Reply

Terri, you’re too funny!!!!!!! I think I would get into serious trouble if I went bra-less to a public place. BAHAHAHA But you’re so funny. Thanks for the vote. 🙂

23. Terri Curry May 10, 2012 at 9:17 pm - Reply