What a month it has been ….. check out my progress in March:
Join the fun and post your resolutions by adding a link to the bottom of the page.
In 2012, I will …….
- have 500 or more email subscribers to Three 31
- drink more water
- continue book club I have a confession: I haven’t read the book we are discussing in April. I have six days to finish a novel. I better get my butt in gear. Pronto!
- eat vegetarian (no meat) one day a week
- read at least 30 books + 12 with book club I’m working on it – promise!
- purchase an e-reader Husband purchased me a Kindle Touch for Valentine’s Day ….. and I absolutely LOOOOOOOVE this thing!!!!!
- participate in 52 Letters, 52 Weeks This is going well, I’m sending at least one letter a week.
- purchase really nice stationery set and writing pens
- make 10 new friends
- do laundry more often (instead of letting it stack up and doing multiple loads) A work in progress.
- feel comfortable pulling a trailer I drove the church’s van pulling a 14-foot trailer when the mission team and I went to southeast Kentucky. I did awesome!!!!!
- go to a drive-in movie
- purchase an external hard-drive and organize our digital photos
- participate in photography classes Invited by Brandy @ BellaPop to participate in her first-ever online photography class, it’s going well.
- learn to edit photos in Adobe Photoshop
- take a photo worthy of hanging on a wall
- purchase a tripod, lens filters, and a 50mm lens
- take pictures for someone
- mission trip to Haiti co-leading a team in October
- mission trip to Appalachia Region in Kentucky Went to the Henderson Settlement in Frakes, Kentucky (March 10-17, 2012) on a mission trip. Click HERE for details.
- do/create something inspired by Pinterest every month In January, I made this. In February, I learned to do this – YUM! In March, I’ve written in article for a friend who’s incorporating Pinterest into her ministry … stay tuned for details on this!
- see a performance at Bass Hall in Fort Worth
- write at least one freelance article
- be published somewhere (other than my blog) My DIY wreath was published at Craftgawker.com on January 23. An article I wrote about the KY Mission Team was published on March 27 in The Sebree Banner (a newspaper in KY).
- get new eyeglass frames I went to the eye doctor and got new contacts on January 16.
- host a Game Night
- celebrate our 5th anniversary by doing something ( anything! ) I wrote this blog post for our anniversary on March 31. We celebrated our wedded bliss by doing our own things: Husband went to an auction and I stayed home to edit photos from the mission trip. It was a fine day for the Kentucky Wildcats though, they advance to the championship game to be played April 2. GO CATS!
- sell something at auction
- buy something at auction
- attend a professional athletic event
- improve my calligraphy skills
- support the United States Postal Service by mailing more cards (see 52 Letters, 52 Weeks)
- go hunting
- go fishing
- swim in an ocean
- host at least three (3) sponsored giveaways Vicki at Curly Willow Collections provided this collection of custom greeting cards (giveaway ended March 25 – congrats to Jan Elmore) and Brandy at Bella Pop provided a “seat” at one an online photography class (giveaway ended March 31 – congrats Diane Collins).
- get a new couch New furniture arrived (YAY!!!!) but living room is still not arranged like I want it. Yet. It will happen. Promise!!!
- finish the headboard for guest bedroom (use an old window frame, then sand, paint, and attach to wall)
- host at least three (3) dinner parties
- co-chair Lord’s Acre (a fundraiser at church)
- plan a DIY craft party I hosted a DIY party at my church on January 21. I’m planning another craft party and luncheon in April.
- tithe more
- save more
- eat a raw oyster (and not die)
- eat a Rocky Mountain Oyster (and not die)
- volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
- babysit for a friend
- make a new resolution every month (see below)
January — no soft drinks SUCCESS!!!!!
February — journal every night I wrote in my journal 24 of 29 days in February, I’d call that “somewhat” successful.and drink only water during the day EPIC FAILURE – ’nuff said. Blah.
March — post to my blog at least four (4) days per week Somewhat successful, but remember: I posted multiple times during the trip to KY for the mission team’s blog. That counts for something, right?! and prepare a story board for the novel I want to write I purchased a tri-fold board and package of 200 small Post-It notes to begin my novel’s storyboard. I have also began typing a manuscript, I have 15,000 words already. I think that constitutes opening a bottle of Cupcake Moscato and toasting with a big wah-hooo!!!!!!!
April — schedule a trip to Kentucky (Derby anyone?) and detail my car
Do you have any resolutions this year? Share your blog post or add a comment below.
If the Mayans were right, make 2012 the best yet and join the fun!!!!!