Someone posted on Facebook this morning,
Is it Friday yet?
And I replied,
YES! I need a drink …. the adult kind!
I don’t know about you, but I’m so glad this week is over! Progress reports will be mailed next week, which means the RUSH of “emergencies” from students occured this week.
But Miss H, I didn’t know about that assignment!
But Miss H, I can’t stay after school, I have to go to my friend’s house!
But Miss H, I … blah, blah, blah.
One of my favorite quotes is, “Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.” I did, however, stay after school twice this week offering students the opportunity to make test corrections and complete missed assignments. As always, the ones who care are the ones who stayed. The rest of them, yeah …. it goes without saying.
Here’s some of the latest “buzz” happenings:
- Teaching sixth graders religions of the Middle East (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) is difficult. Just sayin’.
- I’m not very political, but I’ve watched the news and read articles to know Rick Perry is out of the race (is he leaving the Governor’s mansion too?) for the White House.
- I’m grateful to the websites and bloggers that BLACKED OUT their sites in protest against SOPA. While I didn’t black my blog, I appreciate the efforts of others and their commitment to educate people like me on what is in the legislature. I should pay more attention.
- Singer Etta James, died at the age of 73. Her “At Last” is incredible and one of my all-time favorites.
- I have taken my contacts out every night this week ….. tonight will be Day 5 of this new (healthy) habit. You can read this to learn more about my old ways.
- My camera is covered in cobwebs. I haven’t taken a single photograph in two weeks. I’m participating in an online photography class with Lisa next month, Brandy at Bella Pop is hosting. Yay! Scary! I have so much to learn!
- I spent 94 minutes on the phone with my Mother. She successfully attached a Word document to an email. She’s so high-tech.
Quote of the Week (during a lesson on Middle East religions):
Miss H, this Abraham guy you’re talking about, is that Abraham Lincoln?