{ thank you Craigslist }

How was your weekend?

Let me tell you about mine ….. it was quiet.

At 9:00 Saturday morning, we lost satellite feed to our TV.

Husband stood on a ladder for hours and I sat on the floor or stood outside next to an open window watching and waiting for signs of a signal. Husband would move the dish one way and we’d wait. Nothing. He’d turn it another direction, and we waited some more. Nothing.

We went to bed early last night (what else was there to do!?) and I went to church and Sunday School this morning. When I got home from church, Husband was sitting in his recliner staring at the wall. He asked, “What did people do before there was tee-vee?” The expression on his face was priceless ….. yet so pathetic and pitiful. Poor guy. He missed four ~ count them FOUR ~ major NFL football games this weekend. We followed along via the Internet, but that’s not the same.

After lunch, I returned to Pinterest (“see more pins” has been the theme of my weekend) and periodically Husband or I would ask the other,

Guess what?

{ Chicken butt }

We’re so easily amused …… and incredibly bored.

But wait, the plot thickens!!!!!!!!

At 3:00 this afternoon, a strange man appeared. Husband, in his cleverness, found Mystery Man via Craigslist. All I am going to say is we are now watching TV.

Congratulations, Husband and I survived 30 hours without TV.

Thank you, Craigslist.

Thank you, Mystery Man.

Thank you, Husband.

By |2012-01-15T22:35:48+00:00January 15th, 2012|Blog|0 Comments

1. Dulxe January 16, 2012 at 3:20 pm - Reply

Is incredible how we are feel when missing a good sign tv and boring our lives can be a lack tv .. Good Kevin you are survivor in this !!

• Nicole January 16, 2012 at 3:36 pm - Reply

Husband saved the day (weekend) Mama Dulce!!!!!!!

2. Terri Curry January 16, 2012 at 4:16 pm - Reply

Now this was a sign of a good marriage. Congrats for having made it to the other side of NO SIGNAL. What aggravates this situation is that in the silence you can hear others breathe. And you can’t tell them to stop.

• Nicole January 16, 2012 at 4:38 pm - Reply

Terri, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!! hahahaha

xo,
      Nicole

3. lovelylici1986 January 17, 2012 at 1:19 pm - Reply

Hahahahaha. Thanks for sharing this! Too funny. Love the chicken butt.
    Always the little things, huh?
    It’s funny how agitated we get when we’re cut off from some of the luxuries that have become everyday needs, but so NICE when we can go on living (happily) without them.
    I’m totally used to being without tv. In university, I decided to cut the cable off. I was throwing away $70/month on junk. I only watched about 3 channels of the 70ish channels I had. $3 of my $70 service. Blah! Haven’t had cable since. I’m SO cool. Hahahaha.

Also, Craigslist PROBABLY saves entire lives.

• Nicole January 17, 2012 at 1:31 pm - Reply

So glad you enjoyed it …… and seemed to have smiled and/or laughed. My attempt at being funny was successful – wooohooo!!!!
      You’re absolutely right about Craigslist, it’s definitely a life-saver – on many, many levels. HAHAHA

xo,
      Nicole

4. […] tutorials, and blog inspirations. As for my excessive number of pins, Husband and I had an adventure without TV and that had a major impact on my recent Pinterest […]