Stuffed Mushrooms

Dad-gum, there’s nothing better than a mushroom cap filled with stuffing. Nom. Nom. Nom.

Translation: I think they’re yummy in my tummy.

There are several ways to stuff mushroom caps. If you’re feeding a crowd, be mindful of special dietary needs such as allergy sufferers and vegetarians. *Remember, I’m in the group of allergy sufferers too!* In this post, I’ve included two options for stuffed S’rooms: one with just vegetables and another for the meat-lovers in the crowd. Whichever you choose, you’ll need to create a “cup” in each mushroom to hold the stuffing.

S’Rooms for the Veggie Lovers
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 Tbsp minced garlic
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
4 Tbsp butter

In a large pan over medium heat, combine 1 Tablespoon of butter, garlic, peppers and onion. Saute for 5-10 minutes.

In a separate bowl, add cream cheese, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. When vegetables are done, pour mixture into bowl. Stir to combine.

Spoon this mixture into each mushroom cap and arrange in an oven-safe baking dish.

Sprinkle grated cheese and breadcrumbs on top, then drizzle with remaining melted butter.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Serve immediately.

If you’re feeding a bunch of hungry carnivores, substitute the vegetables with a pound of sausage or ground beef.

Enjoy!

By |2011-12-31T00:05:19+00:00December 31st, 2011|Food & Drink, Recipe|0 Comments

1. Emily Green December 31, 2011 at 6:02 am - Reply

YUM! Gonna try it. The pics are appreciated. I now have a major craving. Lol

• Nicole December 31, 2011 at 9:28 am - Reply

Yay! If you love mushrooms, you’ll LOVE this recipe. Besides the extra time it takes to prep, it’s definitely worth the effort and perfect for an appetizer. Like I said, I’m taking these to a NYE party tonight and I know what I’m having!!!

CHEERS TO 2012 🙂
      xoxo,
      Nicole

2. wilma December 31, 2011 at 9:56 am - Reply

Wow! Nicole, you just gave me an awesome craving for these. i love stuffed mushrooms and for my next get together I’m thinking about these.. Love the pictures also.. Very pretty and delicious looking.. You did a great job. Thanks Nicole

• Nicole December 31, 2011 at 10:27 am - Reply

Thanks, glad you like the post. It’s a bit time-consuming, but the final product is soooooo worth the effort!!!!

xoxo,
      Nicole

3. wilma January 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm - Reply

Nicole.. I found a great deal on mushrooms at the grocery store today.. i want to make these stuffed mushrooms for a gathering we are having in couple weeks.. What I need to know is, is it possible to stuff them and freeze them for the get together.. I know these mushrooms won’t last that long.. have you ever heard of anyone freezing… t hanks
    wilma
    xo

• Nicole January 6, 2012 at 12:56 pm - Reply

Wilma, I would not recommend freezing WHOLE mushrooms. They have such a high water content that they’ll become soggy when you thaw later. However, I don’t see a problem in making the STUFFING now, cover tightly, and save for later. When you’re ready to serve, perhaps the day before, you can rinse and prep whole mushrooms (save the “guts” for more stuffing later!) and then use the stuffing you’ve already made. When I made these, I stuffed the day before, covered, and refrigerated overnight. I baked them the next day and they tasted fine. I would be very afraid, however, of doing this too soon as they’ll become too soft, even mushy. GOOD LUCK!

xo,
      Nicole

4. wilma January 6, 2012 at 10:54 pm - Reply

thanks Nicole.. I doubted if it would be a good idea to freeze.. It was such a good deal, I couldn’t resist. Guess i’ll have to make them for me and fred to sample first. Oh well, lol thanks for your help…
    xo
    wilma

5. […] sharing a recipe for *Stuffed Mushrooms* for no other reason than it has its own post and I’m lazy. The pictures are not the best […]